After the ball-tampering incident earlier this year, Australian Cricket has undergone a cultural review, and are adopting a non-aggressive approach. It's a great place to play cricket in general; the stadium has been redone, the pitch has always been good.
Paine said his message to the team was to keep their cool but also play to their strengths.
India's past Test record in Australia is quite abysmal.
Despite the series being touted to be India's best chance to clinch a rare series win in Australia, in the absence of David Warner and Steve Smith, Kohli maintained that the men in blue can not take the opposition lightly.
If you're not yet a subscriber, you can choose from the wide range of packages we offer and get set up with BT Sport in just 15 minutes.
The real question is whether Hanuma Vihari, who scored a half-century during his debut test match against England at Oval in tough England conditions will be the sixth batsman or whether it will be Rohit Sharma, who will be making a comeback into the Test team after playing his last match during the tour of South Africa at Centurion.
Indian batting all-rounder Hanuma Vihari has been included in the 12-member squad announced by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) for the first Test against Australia, beginning December 6. One would wonder when did the last time the opposition enjoyed such a luxury in Australia. "I'm sensing India feel that", Langer told SEN's Whately.
When it comes to pace-bowling department, India rarely gets the luxury to be picky.
Ray Lindwall, Craig McDermott, Damien Fleming and Peter Siddle are the only other Australian quicks to have taken five-for in a Test against India in Adelaide.
In the bowling department, India have opted for three specialist pacers Mohammed Shami, Ishant Sharma and Jasprit Bumrah while Ravichandran Ashwin will be at the helm of the spin attack.
"Obviously there are going to be times when you have to put the batsman under pressure, not necessarily crossing the line but just getting into their heads".
"You see their bowling attack, they've got a really good bowling attack, and I think to win Test matches, you need to have a really good bowling attack".
"At times when situations are hard you do find ways to upset the batsman's rhythm and I think a bit of banter is not harmful at all".
India followed suit by naming only four frontline bowlers in their 12-man squad that also has Rohit Sharma.
- Singapore passport second in new ranking, behind UAE
- ESPN Releases Score Prediction For Michigan-Florida
- Mattis: Putin 'tried again to muck around in our elections'
- Urban Meyer, former Ute coach, to announce retirement from Ohio State Football
- Donald Trump 'likes' Kim Jong-un, Moon says
- No doubt that MBS ordered Khashoggi killing, says Central Intelligence Agency
- 'Baby, It's Cold Outside' pulled from some Canadian radio stations
- Close pal blasts 'absolutely incredible' Ballon d'Or snub for Juventus star Ronaldo
- Sterling jumps after European Union court adviser's advice
- Manafort 'Tying Up Loose Ends' In Russia Probe