Salman has topped the list for the 3rd consecutive year and interestingly, his earnings constitute 8.06% of the total earnings, Rs 3,140.25 crore of the top 100 celebrities for the year, as per Forbes India.
Priyanka Chopra, who has recently got married to American singer Nick Jonas, has slipped down from 7 to 49 position with earnings of only Rs. 18 crore. Even though Tendulkar has been retired for the last five years, he has still managed to hold his position in the top three. While Tiger Zinda Hai set new box office records and collected over Rs 300 crore, Race 3 stopped after scraping past Rs 100 crore.
Hardik Pandya turned out to be a huge gainer on the list of sportspersons, as he bagged Rs 28.46 crores in 2018 as compared to Rs 3.04 crores previous year.
The list has been dominated by the Bollywood celebrities and sports persons, most of the prominent names featuring in it. His total yearly earnings turn up at Rs 253.25 crores. The fifth spot went to former Indian cricket team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni who earned Rs 101.77 crore during 2018.
Salman Khan tops Forbes India Celebrity 100 list; Deepika highest paid woman celebrity
Superstar Shah Rukh Khan, who stood second previous year, bagged the 13th position.
Aamir Khan ranks sixth with Rs 97.5 crore, closely followed by his Thugs of Hindostan co-star Amitabh Bachchan at number seven with Rs 96.17 as earnings. With a yearly earning of Rs 50 crore, Rajinikanth is at the 14th spot.
15 actors from the South film fraternities featured on the list, with Nayanthara being the only female actor on the list from the region.
- Sri Lanka President says will end the political crisis in seven days
- Climate reality check: Global carbon pollution up in 2018
- British middleman hauled to India over chopper scam
- 'Sick of ball tampering talk' - Paine focuses on India challenge
- Qualcomm has no interest in reviving NXP takeover
- Child dead, 45 other people injured after bus crash in Arkansas
- Save US-Russia nuclear treaty, European Union urges
- #MyPalaceSource Is Meghan Markle's Fans Way Of Calling Out Haters
- Nationals sign all-star pitcher Patrick Corbin to 6-year deal
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 officially announced