After Colt McCoy was their latest quarterback to go down Monday night, thrusting Sanchez into the starting role moving forward, Redskins coach Jay Gruden said he didn't expect to the team to bring in Kaepernick.
"He's been discussed for sure", Gruden said. "But we will probably go a different direction". As his team continues to evaluate potential replacements, Peterson liked a Tweet from a Twitter user who made the case for signing Kaepernick. Not that Colin can't do some of the things we've talked about, but we want someone with a little more familiarity.
Colt McCoy, who replaced Alex Smith as the team's quarterback when Smith broke his leg in a loss vs. Houston, suffered a broken right fibula during the first half of Monday's game vs. Philadelphia. That leaves recently signed Mark Sanchez as the only available quarterback on the roster.
It's Week 14 now, and the Washington Redskins have one quarterback able to play. Kaepernick filed a collusion grievance against the National Football League in October of 2017, alleging an organized effort to keep him off a roster as a result of his protests.
Carson Wentz passed for 306 yards and two touchdowns with an interception as the Eagles got back to.500 with a second straight win, 28-13, over an NFC East rival.
Gruden also said McCoy might return this season. "That's why we went with Sanchez". Jonathan Cooper tore a biceps tendon and needs season-ending surgery; Tony Bergstrom will miss at least two games with a high ankle sprain.
- Freak Liverpool Winner vs Everton Sparks Wild Scenes At Anfield
- Hunt involved in another incident in January
- Singapore passport second in new ranking, behind UAE
- Urban Meyer, former Ute coach, to announce retirement from Ohio State Football
- ESPN Releases Score Prediction For Michigan-Florida
- National Hockey League expected to vote ‘yes’ on Seattle expansion for 2021-22 season
- 'Baby, It's Cold Outside' pulled from some Canadian radio stations
- Save US-Russia nuclear treaty, European Union urges
- United Kingdom government found in contempt of parliament
- Close pal blasts 'absolutely incredible' Ballon d'Or snub for Juventus star Ronaldo