The two top options on the free agent market are good. The. Nightengale said other teams eyeing Corbin are also aware of the bidding war they could potentially get into with Philadelphia. The team reportedly beat out the New York Yankees and Philadelphia Phillies for his signature. It's possible that an outside team could enter the fray, but one of those clubs will likely land the best pitcher on the market in the coming days.
According to multiple reports, Patrick Corbin will sign a six-year, $140 million deal with the Washington Nationals. Corbin's slider, in particular, causes lefty hitters a lot of trouble given his release point and devastating break and should allow him to pitch well throughout his contract. The Phillies are aiming to add one starter to the rotation, Heyman continues, with a left-hander in particular being a preference.
NY looked like the favorite to sign Corbin when the offseason began because the pitcher grew up in NY and is from a family of Yankee fans.
Corbin, 29, was among the most-dominant all-around pitchers in the game last season. Instead, they missed out on Corbin over a sixth year - a sixth year beyond the current Collective Bargaining Agreement - after spending the offseason saying they need rotation help.
Happ was 7-0 with a 2.69 ERA in 11 starts for the Bronx Bombers last season. Does the signing of Corbin signal that Washington has given up on the possibility of re-signing former NL MVP Bryce Harper?
Patrick Corbin #46 of the Arizona Diamondbacks delivers a pitch during the first inning of the Major League Baseball game against the Philadelphia Phillies at Chase Field on June 23, 2017 in Phoenix, Arizona. He went 2-1 with two holds and a 1.61 ERA over 22.1 innings in the playoffs.
Finishing fifth in the 2018 NL Cy Young voting, Corbin was the best pitcher on a staff that included Zack Greinke.
- Senator: 'zero chance' Saudi prince not involved
- Spacecraft carrying Canadian astronaut docks at International Space Station
- British middleman hauled to India over chopper scam
- New Caledonians ordered to shelters in tsunami alert after big quake
- Qualcomm has no interest in reviving NXP takeover
- National Hockey League expected to vote ‘yes’ on Seattle expansion for 2021-22 season
- 'Sick of ball tampering talk' - Paine focuses on India challenge
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 officially announced
- Christmas decoration of 'man' hanging off roof makes walker dial 911
- Michelle Obama's advice for Meghan Markle: 'Don't be in a hurry'