United managed a 2-2 draw at Southampton on Saturday evening, but their overall performance was hugely disappointing, and they found themselves 2-0 down after a terrible start. "I think we need a good run of results and we don't need to waste points where we shouldn't be wasting them".
"I don't know if I say [miracle] or if I didn't but if I used that word it is not what I feel at all", he said ahead of Arsenal's visit to Old Trafford on Wednesday.
Mourinho said he would have to hold off naming his side to face Arsenal until two or three hours before kick-off, as he did against Southampton, in a bid to give as many players as possible a chance to prove their fitness.
"All of the teams they got better", Mourinho told a news conference on Tuesday.
In comparison, Liverpool spent £167m, Chelsea £128m, Arsenal £68m and Manchester City £63m while Tottenham did not sign a single new player. "A football player is paid - and very well paid - to be a football professional. You have to analyse a player by 'is he performing, yes or no?' You shouldn't go in that direction because you are calling the players dishonest". Recent reports suggest Jose Mourinho even called him a "virus" after the 2-2 draw with Southampton at the weekend, widening the apparent chasm developing between the star player and egotistical manager.
Mourinho's supposed comments came after the Portuguese said the way United players are now performing is all down to their character, not his tactics. According to the Times the Frenchman calmly stated his case saying that he has no one to pass to because the system doesn't allow players to move freely. "I don't believe in that".
- Pakistan says Trump seeks help on Taliban talks
- Freak Liverpool Winner vs Everton Sparks Wild Scenes At Anfield
- Christmas decoration of 'man' hanging off roof makes walker dial 911
- Hunt involved in another incident in January
- Trump claims 'BIG leap forward' in China trade talks, but details unclear
- National Hockey League expected to vote ‘yes’ on Seattle expansion for 2021-22 season
- Trump Imposes Six Month Deadline On Congress For NAFTA Substitute
- Quora reveals data breach affecting up to 100 million users
- Mattis: Putin 'tried again to muck around in our elections'
- Close pal blasts 'absolutely incredible' Ballon d'Or snub for Juventus star Ronaldo