Of course, that's not the only feature added with Assistant's latest update.
Alongside that, Google's rolled out a couple of other features. Recent Google app teardowns revealed the company was working on adding this feature. You can also create notes in the same manner. There are also four new titles that will be added over the coming weeks including "Frozen", "Aladdin", "Mulan", and "The Lion King". Google Assistant incorporates a stereo driver configuration (two 5.75cm full range drivers) and 13cm integrated subwoofer within its wood veneer, complete with aluminium knobs.
The Nest Hello video doorbell works seamlessly with your Smart Display to let you know who's at the door. And these include Dora the Explorer's The Little Christmas Tree, and PAW Patrol's Holiday Helpers, as well as many more. It's sort of a tablet that you can talk to.
Another addition to Google Assistant specifically on Smart Displays is support for lyrics.
The idea behind "Pretty Please" is to reinforce polite behaviours for children and adults as well.
In the list of new features, the Google Assistant has majorly added the Pretty Please feature that is created to encourage and reinforce polite behaviour. This is a feature that Google actually debuted back at Google I/O over the summer, and it is finally rolling out. Your Assistant will often respond with something like, "Thanks for asking so nicely". This is a feature that parents can toggle on and off at will, as well.
In our Google Home review we said that "Google Home is a small miracle of modern technology" and that it is "better at answering questions than Echo", too, before concluding that "Google Home is a near-magical device in terms of its technical abilities".
Yes, to take advantage of this karaoke-like feature you'll need to have a Google Play Music account. Primarily the introduction of smart displays from Google and its partners.
Forget smart speakers for a second, because smart displays are shaping up as the next big battleground area for tech giants' attempts to get inside your home.
Lastly, Assistant is getting some fun new feature for families. And considering I mostly use voice assistants to tell me the weather, I guess that's a good thing.
Have you ever wanted to speak to Santa?
- Former Dallas officer Amber Guyer indicted for murder in deadly shooting case
- Kid Rock out of Christmas parade after comments
- Onrush Headlines December 2018's PlayStation Plus Games
- Devastation, Chaos After 7.0 Earthquake Hits Anchorage, Alaska
- NYPD hunt couple who lost ring during romantic proposal
- Fed Chairman Says Interest Rates Are Just Below Estimates of Neutral
- Few scares for Southgate's England after Euro 2020 qualifying draw
- Electronics Failure Grounds German Chancellor Merkel's A340 En Route to G20
- Wilder, Fury draw in epic heavyweight showdown
- Mourinho: Man Utd midfield lacks mad dog spirit