Recode's Kara Swisher asked Cook a question about Cambridge Analytica, an incident in which private Facebook user data was stolen from 50 million users, asking if the Apple CEO was in Zuckerberg's place, "what would you do?"
A recent New York Times article entitled "Delay, Deny and Deflect: How Facebook's Leaders Fought Through Crisis" has stirred up more controversy for Mark Zuckerberg regarding how Facebook's leadership responded to the revelations that their company had been manipulated by Russian Federation to undermine American democracy. "Because that sounds ridiculous to me", the Facebook founder told Vox in an interview.
The Facebook CEO is clearly talking about the fact that Apple is infamous for overpricing its products and for not caring about what its fans want. The rivalry, if it is that, started when Apple CEO Time Cook portrayed Facebook in a bad light, commenting on the failure of Facebook to protect its user's data.
The report claimed that Facebook hired a PR firm called Definers Public Affairs to push negative content about its rival companies, including Apple and Google. According to a new report from The New York Times, it's the OS that Facebook executives are encouraged to use. It benefits the company to play nice with both platforms and a quick scan on Twitter reveals that several people from the management team at Facebook are still tweeting from their iPhones.
But some reports also suggested that this decision was taken keeping in mind that Android is a widely used operating system and has more reach than iPhones. We already show people what apps their accounts are connected to and control what data they've permitted those apps to use through app settings.
According to the WSJ, in his early November Q&A with employees, Zuckerberg said the company is working to address the concerns raised by the survey.
"Tim Cook has consistently criticized our business model and Mark has been equally clear he disagrees", reads an excerpt from the November 15th media release.
- England win toss, bat in Sri Lanka second Test
- Woman's mid-air rant after 'being refused glass of wine' on plane
- Steelers players dismantle Le'Veon Bell's locker
- President Trump Goes After Mueller Team: They've Gone Nuts!
- "Chinese artificial sun" pushes past 100 million degrees
- Roy Clark, Country Music Legend and 'Hee Haw' Host Dead at 85
- A new "Super Earth" planet has been discovered
- Alexander Zverev says length of season is 'ridiculous'
- Draymond Green Dared Kevin Durant To Leave In Free Agency
- David Hockney painting sells for $90M, breaking art record