But they returned home Wednesday night to find plenty of space - lots of leg room out beyond the 3-point arc. However, as the team prepares to play the Bulls Wednesday, it feels like the pieces aren't in place yet. The Celtics have offset a four-game winning streak by dropping four of their last five in a brutal road trip.
The Bulls visit Milwaukee on Friday night.
"We'll take it, " said Jaylen Brown of the win over the Bulls, who were without Kris Dunn, Bobby Portis and Lauri Markkanen.
The NBA veteran has been capped at 25 minutes per game this season, a cautionary move in the wake of last year's injury. "We've got a big week coming up with back-to-back games against two teams (the Raptors and the Utah Jazz on Saturday) we lost to previously".
Brown, off to one of his best starts of the early season, led the way with a 12-point, double 3-pointer half.
The Celtics capitalized on 22 turnovers by the Bulls, who dropped their second straight and third in four games.
With the Celtics ranking near the bottom of the National Basketball Association in scoring through the early part of the season, head coach Brad Stevens said this week that he is considering making changes to his lineup.
The Celtics pushed out for good with a 32-11 second quarter and, faced with a young, hurried opponent, easily protected their lead the rest of the way. We've got to do a better job, and I've got to do a better job of making sure that we start games that way. Jabari Parker is next for them with 14.8 points per game, but his defense has looked disgusting. We were prepared. We've been prepared other games, but we hadn't matched that with the attitude to execute at both ends.
Once again, even though they shouldn't be, the Celtics are finding themselves as underdogs.
But an improved defensive effort is what the Celtics really need. "If we're able to do that, we'll have a chance to be special". Marcus Smart answered with a 3-pointer and 74-55 lead with 1:24 to play, with Hayward's 3-pointer with 48.4 seconds left sending the Celtics to the fourth up 77-59. This is an interesting development considering talk of Gordon Hayward potentially accepting a bench role-starting tonight, maybe-and Morris being the most likely pick to take his place in the starting lineup.
- Steelers players dismantle Le'Veon Bell's locker
- England win toss, bat in Sri Lanka second Test
- Stacey Abrams says she can’t win Georgia governor’s race
- Iran executes 'Sultan of Coins' convicted of hoarding
- David Hockney painting sells for $90M, breaking art record
- Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson get post-breakup makeovers
- Roy Clark, Country Music Legend and 'Hee Haw' Host Dead at 85
- Fischer loses Senate Republican leadership contest | Nebraska
- Forever My Lady: Al B. Sure Pays Tribute To Kim Porter
- Chelsea 'leading race for Borussia Dortmund attacker Christian Pulisic'