During a shareholders' meeting in central London, clubs were presented with an update on the non-live trials taking place, as well as "key learnings" from VAR's use in the FA Cup and Carabao Cup as well as from other leagues being discussed.
The Premier League will now make a request to the International Football Association Board and Fifa to use VAR.
He was also part of the Premier League-winning Manchester City team in the 2017-18 season.
Video assistant referees (VAR) will be used in Premier League games from next season.
EFL clubs followed the Premier League's example previous year by bringing their transfer deadline forward but foreign leagues did not, resulting in two transfer deadlines last summer.
"The decision to include VAR was only made on September 26, and that has meant a tremendous amount of work has been required to ensure that it can play a role at the tournament from the quarter-final stages", Windsor John, the AFC general-secretary, said in a statement.
VAR is already in use across the majority of Europe's major leagues including La Liga, the Bundesliga and Serie A. "We've seen this season a number of incidences that have been called wrong, especially this weekend when there were a number of goals ruled out when they shouldn't have been".
"I think as long as we get the training and education right, and we get the right personnel, that's the most important thing for me".
Regardless, it was put to the vote for Premier League clubs to decide if they wanted to repeat the early closure for next season-and they did exactly that, with a 14-5 majority.
- LeBron Passes Wilt Chamberlain on NBA's All-Time Scoring List
- Rooney realises some people don’t approve of his England return
- Majority of locals in Yemen's Hodeida fled amid clashes
- 'Good Samaritan' couple and homeless vet they raised $400K for all arrested
- England win toss, bat in Sri Lanka second Test
- Diddy's Ex-Girlfriend, Mother of His Kids, Kim Porter Dead at 47
- President Trump Goes After Mueller Team: They've Gone Nuts!
- John Lewis Christmas advert stars Broadstairs boy Hudson Trindall as Elton John
- Nine killed, 35 missing in California wildfire; Malibu threatened
- India committed to peaceful and prosperous Indo Pacific region: PM Narendra Modi