Certainly, the Packers want to throw it quite a bit with Aaron Rodgers, but they have gotten better at running the football, especially with Aaron Jones and his six yards per carry. But with a mad Aaron Rodgers after the last two weeks, it'll be hard for the Dolphins to pull off the upset. He finished the day with 90 yards on 13 carries, and two catches for 12 yards.
Here's an incredible stat: Jones has gained 317 yards on 39 attempts on 1st-and-10 this season, good for an average of 8.1 yards per carry. With Jones running the ball so well, the Packers didn't need to rely on Rodgers as exclusively to keep the chains moving all the time.
The offense finally got the balance they've been craving, passing for 199 yards and rushing for 195.
"But I'm going to focus on the things I can control and that's finding a way to get better as an individual, as a quarterback", he said. On the first play of the Packers' next possession, Jones burst through a double-wide hole in the middle and ran 67 yards to the 4, setting up another touchdown. "You do that, it's just a matter of time before he makes it right", Dolphins coach Adam Gase said. "You can't score points without big plays and you have to make big plays to win the game". Rodgers hit receiver Davante Adams for a 7-yard touchdown pass to give the Packers a quick 7-0 lead. The flag negated not only the catch from Adams, but also a penalty on Miami.
Sanders booted a kickoff out of bounds after his fourth field goal to allow the Packers to start their next drive at the 40, which ended with a 10-yard touchdown run by Jones.
Osweiler was 23 of 37 for 213 yards in his fifth start for the injured Ryan Tannehill.
"At this level in the National Football League, I'll take it every day", said Jones, who built upon his NFL-best 6.0 yards per carry by averaging 9.7 on Sunday. "I think we play well at home; we played well again today".
Some of the uncomfortable mistakes that gave the visitors great scoring chances included Tramon Williams' fumble after a 19 yard punt return set up Miami at midfield.
Each time, Miami turned its advantageous field position into a field goal.
Dolphins: RB Kenyan Drake left with a knee injury in the second quarter.
A groin injury to Geronimo Allison means more opportunities for Marquez Valdes-Scantling.
Dolphins: Have a bye next week before a trip to Indianapolis on November 25. They will have a short week of practice before taking on the Seattle Seahawks on the road Thursday night.
- Camp Fire Victims Sue PG&E, Claiming Negligence Led To Butte County Inferno
- Woolsey Fire: 35,000 acres burned and thousands forced to evacuate
- Southampton use Portsmouth jibe to troll Harry Redknapp's I'm a Celebrity confirmation
- Kate Middleton And Meghan Markle's Outfits At Remembrance Day
- Trump Threatens to Withhold Fed Funds for California Wildfire Fight
- Jaden Smith says his boyfriend is this musician
- Trump cancels WW1 memorial at cemetery in France due to rain
- 'Game of Thrones' Final Season to Premiere April 2019
- Why this Serena Williams magazine cover has caused outrage
- Rams WR Kupp out for season with torn ACL