This is a good fight for Oleksandr Usyk, he will be on show in front of a large United Kingdom audience.
For now, it won't be happening at least until the end of 2019 according to promoter Eddie Hearn, who promotes both fighters. "I lost to the best fighter I have ever faced".
Undisputed world cruiserweight champion Oleksandr Usyk celebrated with the Manchester City squad after their 3-1 derby win over United on Sunday.
Usyk gradually started to establish his dominance and closed the show emphatically, flooring his rival with a devastating one-two, prompting referee Terry O'Connor to wave off the count after two minutes of the eighth round.
An emotional but magnanimous Bellew said afterwards: "I just tried to take that one final step and, you know what, I wasn't good enough but I'll be able to live with that forever". He beat me fair and square, I've no excuses. I like a bit of back and forth but ultimately I admire him.
"If I'm being honest I got exhausted for the first time in my career".
"I went out against the best cruiserweight and he can lay claim to being the greatest cruiserweight of all time. I've been doing this for 20 years". The Ukrainian will put on the line five belts - WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO and according to the magazine "The Ring".
"I had the most hard year in my life", Usyk said, in comments translated by Krassyuk.
"I'm here now and I'm competing in a fight I never thought would be possible". When I was expelled from school I had nothing and nowhere to go. Usyk has done what those all-time greats and many more have not - and which is more, he only needed 15 fights to achieve it after coming out on top of the pile in a World Boxing Super Series full of high-calibre opponents. Bellew was knocked out in round eight and, despite admitting he was heartbroken after the fight, he spoke with pride as well as great admiration for the man who had floored him. His two heavyweight wins over David Haye secured his financial future but, but Bellew said: "I just hope people remember me for the night at Goodison and I'm so happy I did it".
- Spice Girls to start 2019 tour in Wales with new dates
- Southeast Asian summit puts focus on trade tensions, trends
- Khashoggi recordings ‘appalling’, shocked Saudi intelligence - Edrogan
- Brexit deal: Will Brexit withdrawal agreement be signed TOMORROW?
- Meghan and Kate dubbed the 'new Sarah Ferguson and Princess Diana'
- Trump Threatens to Withhold Fed Funds for California Wildfire Fight
- Camp Fire Victims Sue PG&E, Claiming Negligence Led To Butte County Inferno
- Draymond Green benched by Warriors after Kevin Durant spat
- Jones helps Packers run away for 31-12 win over Dolphins
- Shaheen Afridi called up to Pakistan Test squad, Shadab, Zaman miss out