As previously announced, Ryan Reynolds voices the little yellow guy - to the profound disappointment of Danny Devito fans everywhere - and it toes a line between freakish and kind of incredible? While the 3DS title kept the Pokemon series' original character designs intact, Detective Pikachu is heavily populated with some hyper-realistic Pokemon, which might be a tad disorienting to fans expecting the former.
The Canadian actor plays the voice of the much-loved Pokemon character Pikachu in the new flick, titled Detective Pikachu.
We may not have noticed it until Deadpool came around, but Ryan Reynolds has one of the most animated voices in Hollywood.
What's going on: Pokemon's "Detective Pikachu" film dropped its first trailer Monday morning.
The trailer also features other Pokemon like Psyduck, Jigglypuff, Bulbasaur, Charlizard, Charmander and more.
It's insane that it's taken this long for Pokémon, the beloved video game and anime TV series, to get a live-action movie adaptation. "Just didn't think it'd be this soon", Reynolds tweeted when sharing the trailer.
The story begins when ace private eye Harry Goodman goes mysteriously missing, prompting his 21-year-old son Tim to find out what happened.
Detective Pikachu hits theatres on Friday, May 10, 2019. However, as it seems, only Tim can understand Pikachu and everyone else in the city can only hear "Pika!"
- Stan Lee Reportedly Dead at 95
- Real Madrid manager Santiago Solari in dark over long-term future at club
- Macron throws shade at Trump: I don't make diplomacy through tweets
- Brent crude jumps to $71.59/barrel as Saudi Arabia announces supply cut
- Justin Houstons return bolsters Chiefs in win over Cardinals
- Oil prices rise as Saudi Arabia signals production cut
- Martha McSally concedes defeat to Kyrsten Sinema in Arizona Senate race
- Kellyanne Conway Responds to Possible Hillary 2020 Run: ‘Dear God, Please, Yes’
- Israel Says Carrying Out Air Strikes "Throughout Gaza Strip"
- North Korea hiding missile bases in remote areas