It's been a whirlwind couple months for Anthony as of late. Anthony and the Rockets were both enthusiastic about his reunion with D'Antoni in the preseason, but both Anthony and the team - which has had injuries and lost key personnel in free agency - are off to a slow start.
It's hardly been a fairy tale story during his time in Houston.
On the season, the 34-year-old Anthony is averaging 13.4 points and 5.4 rebounds, while shooting only 40.5 percent from the floor, including 32.8 percent from deep and 68.2 percent from the free-throw line in 29.4 minutes per game.
Houston Rockets forward Carmelo Anthony (7) rubs the ball before the start of the game against the Memphis Grizzlies during the first half of a preseason NBA basketball game, Tuesday, Oct. 2, 2018, in Birmingham, Ala. So much so, after only a few weeks into the season, the Rockets are already contemplating if they can even go forward with him. "I'm trying to win a game".
Asked if Anthony wants to remain on the Rockets, Morey said, "I mean, you're asking the wrong guy". "I understand it he's obviously a Hall of Famer".
"What he was doing, Melo's been great", D'Antoni said.
"Our problem is we can't shoot the basketball", he said.
Rockets star James Harden said he didn't have enough information to comment about Anthony's situation, while Chris Paul, who along with Harden helped recruit Anthony over the summer, praised his longtime friend but was vague about Anthony's future with the Rockets.
- Real Madrid target Raheem Sterling signs new deal at Manchester City
- Jurgen Klopp defends Virgil van Dijk after criticism for Red Star display
- Kim Kardashian West's home hit by flames in southern California wildfire
- Everything You Need To Know About The Recount Lawsuits
- Transport minister Jo Johnson resigns over Brexit
- Surgeons in Australia separating conjoined girls from Bhutan
- Juan Foyth unlikely hero as Tottenham Hotspur beat Crystal Palace
- Gary Neville discusses Man City weakness ahead of derby
- Beware of iPhone X screen failure, 13-inch MacBook hard drive problem
- Healey, other AGs call for Whitaker to recuse himself from Russian Federation probe