The 12 victims of the Thousand Oaks shooting are Orfanos, Sgt. Ron Helus, Cody Coffman, Justin Meek, Dan Manrique, Mark Meza, Blake Dingman, Sean Adler, Noel Sparks, Jake Dunham, Kristina Morisette and Alaina Housley.
Orfanos' mother made a bone-chilling plea to the public during an interview with KABC-TV on Thursday. When the Las Vegas gunman opened fire from a 32nd-floor hotel room, Kelly said he threw a friend to the ground before helping get her out of the area and into a room.
Schmidt-Orfanos said she doubted that any gun control laws could be effectively enforced in the current political climate, citing the lack of action after the 2012 shooting in the Sandy Hook elementary school in CT that left 26 dead. On one of the posts, the shooter-Ian David Long said "Fact is I had no reason to do it, and I just thought. f**k it, life is boring so why not?".
Typically after incidents like this week's shooting, regular Americans, politicians, and celebrities offer their "thoughts and prayers" to the victims, which has turned the phrase into a meme about inaction on gun control.
The latest tragedy occurred in the popular country music bar, which was celebrating "college night" and was packed with young people from nearby universities.
"This is not going to be easy for a very long time", he said. 8, Long used a.45-caliber handgun, Glock 21, and had with him an extended ammunition magazine.
Witnesses said that the gunman threw several smoke grenades before he started shooting at around 11.20pm on Wednesday night (3.20pm yesterday, Singapore time), reported AFP. He regularly worked as a security guard at the bar but was just enjoying a night out on Wednesday, his friend Marybeth Schroeder told HuffPost.
But she refused, telling him she needed to make sure it was his, by calling the number listed under "Mom".
As she spoke to the media on Thursday, Tel's mother's continuously shook her head back and forth in anger.
More than 2,000 mourners came together at the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza, holding candles to pay their respects. Right now - so that no one else goes through this. Can you do that? "Oh Cody, I love you son".
She then hung up the phone, according to the publication. According to locals, Borderline Bar & Grill was a gathering place for people who loved country music.
- Meg Ryan and John Mellencamp confirm their engagement via Instagram
- Malibu burning: Kardashians, Lady Gaga, Cher fear for homes
- 'Germany, France, Britain, US and Saudi Arabia listened to Khashoggi tapes'
- Delhi bans trucks as megacity chokes
- India will not hold talks with Taliban: MEA
- Bombardier is selling off two businesses and cutting 5,000 jobs
- Sri Lanka president Maithripala Sirisena dismisses parliament
- 76ers acquire Jimmy Butler in trade with Timberwolves
- Did Princess Eugenie Get The Crown Meghan Markle Wanted For Her Wedding?
- Hamilton claims milestone pole for Mercedes in Brazil