Acosta's press credentials Wednesday after press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders accused him of putting his hands on a White House intern who tried to take away a microphone from him at a presidential press conference.
If the idea was to discredit the White House's condemnation of Acosta's atrocious behavior at Trump's press conference and its decision to yank his press pass, a "doctored tape" conspiracy theory would be a good way to do that.
The sparring started after Acosta asked Trump about the caravan of migrants heading from Latin America to the southern US border.
Trump called Acosta a "rude, bad person" and an "enemy of the people" at Wednesday's post-election question-and-answer session with reporters.
"The fact that the White House press secretary is promoting this doctored video is reprehensible, and grounds for dismissal". But then he said, "I don't hold him for that because it wasn't overly, you know, horrible".
He said one had asked "a stupid question", and he singled out April Ryan, a correspondent for Urban Radio Networks, calling her "very nasty" and "a loser". "Sarah Huckabee Sanders should be fired and sent to live in a Joanne's Fabric store for all the rest of her days", said Kimmel.
She says that she'd been asking about voter suppression, a far more serious problem than voter fraud. Trump later said Comey's firing was because of "this Russian Federation thing".
Trump also criticized CNN contributor April Ryan.
Much of this was based on a story from the Washington Post that called it "doctored" and one from the Associated Press which quoted an independent expert who also said it was doctored.
CNN's Dana Bash tweeted this reaction: "Harvard University will be surprised to hear POTUS call one of their graduates - my friend and colleague Abby Phillip - stupid". After increasingly heated back-and-forth between the men, Trump told Acosta "you should let me run the country, you run CNN", and cut off his questions. She said on the network that the three presidents she covered prior to Trump may not have liked every question she asked, but understood why she did so. I watch you a lot. "You have got to treat the White House and the office of the presidency with respect".
Even as Acosta is muttering these words, Trump begins to mock him: "Oh here we go".
It happens just like in the White House's version, but Acosta's hand doesn't seem to linger as long on the woman's arm and the movement appears significantly faster.
- Federal Judge Halts Construction Of Keystone XL Pipeline
- England flanker ‘highly unlikely’ to face All Blacks
- Police shoot and arrest knife-wielding man in Bourke Street, Melbourne
- Google apologises for past handling of harassment, brings change
- Smelly fruit removed from plane after passengers complain
- Boeing jet crash-lands at Guyana airport, 10 injured
- Biggest concern after AG Jeff Sessions' dismissal is the Russian Federation investigation
- California wildfires: Massive fire almost QUADRUPLES in size to 110 square miles
- Thousand Oaks: At least 12 killed at California bar shooting
- The midterms show Trump might not get re-elected in 2020