Petr Cech of Arsenal looks on ahead of the Premier League match between Arsenal FC and Liverpool FC at Emirates Stadium on November 3, 2018 in London, United Kingdom.
Meanwhile, Carl Jenkinson and Emile Smith Rowe get another opportunity to impress.
Sporting arrived in N5 in a state of disarray despite sitting second having garnered six points from their three matches.
It was the hosts that took the game to their opponents, and they were lucky to still be on level terms before half-time.
Danny Welbeck just can't catch a break.
He has scored five goals in six Bundesliga appearances and impressed in two appearances in the Champions League.
The Arsenal striker landed awkwardly after going for a challenge in the 25th minute and required immediate attention. When we lose the ball, we're all defensive players. Welbeck fired the ball on target but keeper Reman Ribeiro was equal to the task which led to the Longsight-born attacker remain down, before eventually being carried off to be replaced by Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang after a lengthy stoppage.
The former England striker required was given oxygen on the pitch to aid his breathing.
"He can take responsibility, minutes and confidence in a team where he can play more".
Jeremy Mathieu was sent off late on for the visitors, and he will miss the next game.
- California bar gunman who killed 12 people identified as former US Marine
- Morning people 'less likely to develop breast cancer'
- Hundreds demonstrate to protect Russian Federation investigation
- Tamera Mowry-Housley confirms niece died in Thousand Oaks shooting
- ELECTION NIGHT: Southwest States, All The Latest Results
- Steve Kerr compared Zion Williamson to LeBron: 'The next guy's coming'
- Getting their wings: Aussies debut at Victoria's Secret show
- Former refugee in Kenya Ilhan Omar elected to US Congress
- Interstellar object 'Oumuamua' could be an alien probe, claims Harvard study
- Boeing issues safety bulletin after Lion Air crash