One person had said that Kohli is overrated and that it is more enjoyable to watch batsmen from Australia and England.
Kohli promptly rebukes the cricket lover and asks him to leave the country: "I don't think you should live in India, go and live somewhere else".
"I don't think you should live in India then. Get your priorities right", Kohli said, reacting to the fan's message.
The app lets Kohli's fans receive latest news and updates about him and also is a platform for the cricketer to interact directly with cricket enthusiasts.
They say with power comes great responsibility and looks like Indian captain Virat Kohli is tasting the bitter part of the said phrase. I loved watching Sachin, Viru (Virender Sehwag), Sourav (Ganguly), VVS (Laxman), Rahul (Dravid) bat but also loved Mark Waugh, Brian Lara and so many others.
Kohli admitted that he was not personally affected by the criticism but pointed out that if someone does not like Indian players while living in India then they should not be living in the country.
It will be interesting to see how Virat Kohli reacts to Siddharth's tweet. It is a comfortable bubble and that is why famous people must try hard to prevent it from forming. He is also a strong enough voice in Indian cricket to have affected the sacking of Anil Kumble as the coach of the team previous year.
After getting lashed out for his statement, he also clarified his stance on the matter while also saying that he has the "freedom of choice".
The BCCI top brass meanwhile, it is learnt, is not happy with the statement but are undecided whether to haul up Kohli for the comment while interacting with fans on his newly-launched app.
Ending the statement on a cheery mode in an attempt to maintain the peace during Diwali season, Kohli stated: "Keep it light guys and enjoy the festive season".
- Smelly fruit removed from plane after passengers complain
- Police shoot and arrest knife-wielding man in Bourke Street, Melbourne
- Interstellar object 'Oumuamua' could be an alien probe, claims Harvard study
- Rajini expresses his views on 'Sarkar' controversy
- Arsenal vs. Sporting CP - Football Match Report
- Fossil Sport Smartwatch debuts as second Snapdragon Wear 3100 watch
- Key House Democrat promises hearings on GOP tax package
- Former refugee in Kenya Ilhan Omar elected to US Congress
- Bourke Street attack: one dead, two injured in Melbourne stabbing attack
- China debuts the world's first AI news presenter