None of the batsmen or all-rounders got to grips with the Indian bowlers and they will be desperate to perform with numerous big T20 domestic tournaments on the horizon and they will be keen to impress any watching teams to earn sizeable contracts especially for the IPL.
"Khaleel wanted the new ball and he initially looks to swing it and he has taken up the challenge well". Rohit reached his scintillating century off just 58 balls while Dhawan made 43 runs as India posted 195 runs for the loss of two wickets.
Fast bowlers Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Khaleel Ahmed and Jasprit Bumrah, along with spinner Kuldeep Yadav, took two wickets each. He has also scalped one wicket. "I had read the pitch well when we were batting", said Khaleel, who is still fine-tuning certain areas in his bowling.
Rohit Sharma created Twenty20 history as his unbeaten 111 helped India comfortably seal the three-match series against West Indies with a game to spare. Whenever you get an opportunity you do your best.
Khaleel had even convinced skipper Rohit Sharma to hand him the new ball at the Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee International Cricket Stadium in Lucknow. "It's only helping the team when someone like Khaleel bowls in such a manner", Rohit signed off.
Skipper Carlos Brathwaite on Tuesday tried desperately to search for the positives after West Indies crashed to a 71-run defeat to India in the second Twenty20 global, to record their fourth straight series defeat inside the last 12 months.
In reply, West Indies batting caved in once again as they managed only 124 for 9 at the end of the stipulated overs. We wanted to restrict them to 170-180 but that didn't happen. He took the game away from us.
We got a young group of guys so we need to appreciate the positives, the small good things we did.
Changes would seem unlikely as they are unlikely to make any rash decisions after one game but the opening batsmen is clearly an issue with Ramdin opening on Sunday and struggling and they have nobody in the squad who has sufficient quality to get them off to a rapid start alongside Hope.
"Our batting continues to let us down.We are still trying to find our best opening combination", said Brathwaite. Hopefully in the third game we'll put up a better performance and come up with a win.
- Tamera Mowry-Housley confirms niece died in Thousand Oaks shooting
- Milan Pavkov scores twice as Red Star Belgrade stun Liverpool
- Steelers Could Tag Le'Veon Bell At QB Number In 2019
- Women Played ‘Pivotal’ Role in Shifting House to the Democrats
- Trump slams CNN's Jim Acosta in explosive press briefing
- U.S. election: Dead brothel owner wins landslide in Nevada
- Man United to take momentum into Manchester derby
- Democrats warn Trump after Attorney General Sessions forced out
- Ariana Grande Thank U Next Song About Exes Pete Davidson | Personal Space
- Boeing issues safety bulletin after Lion Air crash