Hof, 72, was found dead by porn actor Ron Jeremy on October 16 at the Love Ranch, one of the brothels Hof owned in Nevada.
His campaign manager had predicted weeks ago that Hof would overcome his own death to clinch the vote because the district leans heavily Republican and even alluded that Hof would perform better due to the situation. He continued the festivities at his brothel with reality television personality Flavor Flav and porn-film actor Ron Jeremy, who found Hof dead the next morning.
This set the expectations of Hof's campaign manager, Chuck Muth, high; as he suggested voters would still opt for the deceased Republican ahead of the General Elections.
The Nye County Sheriff's Office said Hof was found dead last month at one of his properties in Crystal, Nevada.
Despite the paradoxical outcome, there are procedures in place to ensure that when Hof's posthumous victory is confirmed, local county commissioners may appoint another Republican to fill his seat.
Hof - who beat Democrat Lesia Romanov - will be replaced by another Republican in the state assembly.
Bonus link: ReasonTV interviewed Hof back in 2014 on prostitution, libertarianism, and more.
Around 20 brothels operate in Nevada - the only USA state where prostitution is legal. They're banned in the counties that contain Las Vegas and Reno. This summer, he ousted an incumbent Republican lawmaker in a primary election, celebrating at an election night party with "Hollywood Madam" Heidi Fleiss.
He said an anti-brothel push and regulatory problems he faced this year were political retribution.
Under Nevada law, Hof's name will remain on the ballot for the November 6 election in the conservative district where he was favored against his Democratic opponent.
Hof, 72, had gained fame for appearing in HBO's "Cathouse", a reality series about his business.
- Dez Bryant Caught Ripping Saints Fan in Old Tweet
- BATE Borisov v Chelsea: Eden Hazard in squad for Europa League tie
- Ariana Grande Thank U Next Song About Exes Pete Davidson | Personal Space
- How the House was won: Democrats plundered Republican suburbs for votes
- Jose Mourinho suspected City 'years ago' amid FFP allegations
- Dozens of Facebook, Instagram accounts blocked over election interference concerns
- Trump rails against 'rude' media in heated press conference
- FDA Approves DSUVIA Sublingual Synthetic Opioid Formulation & Delivery System
- Russian Fighter Intercepts US Spy Plane
- Queen invites Meghan Markle's mum to royal family's Christmas celebrations