It was college night and country two-step lessons were being offered Wednesday at the Borderline, according to its website.
He told reporters when officers arrived at the bar to reports of shots being fired, they could hear gunfire. Multiple people were wounded after a gunman fired multiple shots in Thousand Oaks. The suspect reportedly threw smoke bombs inside the bar.
Police in the USA are responding to reports of a shooting at a bar in Thousand Oaks, California.
Witnesses describing the moment the gunman opened fire said the man first shot the guard at the door with a handgun.
Witnesses said they had spoken to friends who escaped the shooting, which took place during a popular student night at the bar.
Ventura County Sheriff's Office Capt. Garo Kuredjian said late Wednesday that it was still "a very active scene".
Authorities say multiple people - at least 11 - were injured in the shooting, including one officer, though the extent of the injuries wasn't immediately known.
Authorities say 11 people including sheriff's deputy shot at Southern California bar; no deaths yet confirmed. There was a massive law enforcement presence. More information will be provided as it becomes available.
The incident was reported at the Borderline Bar and Grill in the town of Thousand Oaks, a quiet, upscale residential suburb of Los Angeles, as it hosted an event for college students.
- Djokovic back at No. 1 after 2-year absence
- Trump rails against 'rude' media in heated press conference
- Blizzard denies it was going to show Diablo 4 at BlizzCon
- Looking through the 2018 Gold Glove winners
- Marijuana legalization on the ballot in four states
- Fox News calls host appearance with Trump unfortunate
- Bredesen fizzles in Tennessee
- Colorado man pleads guilty to wife and daughter's murders
- Priyanka Chopra models two bridal looks during her bachelorette party
- US Attorney General Jeff Sessions resigns