He had also mentioned in a tweet, that he might even come to India in 2019.
The $58 billion company agreed as part of the SEC settlement to more closely monitor Musk's social-media commentary. Musk said he had asked his service team to expand to "all population regions (not just major metros)" in North America, Eastern Europe, China, and Japan by the end of next year.
India might see partial presence of Tesla by 2020.
Last week Tesla reported its first quarterly profit in two years, with wider margins and positive cash flow.
Tesla said on Friday it had received a subpoena from the US Securities and Exchange Commission over forecasts it made about Model 3 production in 2017, a set of targets the electric vehicle company failed to hit on time.
While Musk didn't reveal what aspect of Tesla could enter the country, it's likely that the company wants to lay the platform for local production of battery modules, which will help it minimise the cost at which the consumer will be able to buy. Besides, the company has opened bookings for the Model 3 vehicle in the country.
Meanwhile, Tesla introduced a new $45,000 version of its Model 3 sedan on its website, launching the auto as United States tax breaks for Tesla cars are about to decrease. Recently, the company also confirmed that it was able to manufacture as many as 5,000 Model 3 cars in a day at its Nevada Gigafactory, allowing it to deliver pre-ordered units to customers.
- 'Soulless' teen murdered mom after argument over bad grade: cops
- Omar, Tlaib Become First Muslim Women in US Congress
- Google working on fix for Pixel 3 memory management problems
- Nicki Minaj, Little Mix Took The MTV EMAs By Storm
- Beyoncé endorses Beto O’Rourke hours before polls close
- Charges filed in hit-and-run that killed 4 in Wisconsin
- New Gallup Poll Finds High Anxiety Among Democrats on Election Day
- Wisconsin 2018 midterm election exit polls | Journal Sentinel
- Colorado man pleads guilty to wife and daughter's murders
- Controversy Surrounds Georgia’s Race For Governor