Detectives ultimately found Cleavenger's body in her burial site at River City Church in the early-morning hours Saturday.
Ramos called two school friends, who allegedly helped him bury his mother, Gail Cleavenger, 46, in a fire pit outside Orlando.
Sgt. A.J. Pagliari, with the Sheriff's Major Case Unit, said at a press conference that the teen confessed to the crime after his two friends came clean, which led to them being charged with accessory to first-degree murder. He also tried to stage his home to make police think his mother was abducted and finally he made a 911 call to set his plan in motion.
He also reported his mother missing and said there was a van with the engine running sitting in his driveway.
"There was no sign of remorse whatsoever".
The attack woke Gail up, who fought back, leaving scratches across her son's face that are visible in his police mugshot.
Early Friday, the teen put his mother's body in a wheelbarrow in order to load her into a van, which he drove to River City Church, approximately one mile from the home, police said.
"He then got home and made his, in his own words, "Grammy-winning phone call to 911" to talk about this terrible incident that did not really occur", Chitwood said.
'He was very proud of his work and he wanted to show it off. Adds to Chitwood to ClickOrlando: "He is a soulless individual who thought he was gonna outsmart everyone in the room".
"As the investigation began, it became quite apparent that this was not an act of random violence, that in fact the 15-year-old probably had killed his mother", Sheriff Mike Chitwood said.
She and her neighbors are still trying to find the "why" in her death. "I have a feeling this is a case we'll be hearing about for years to come", Chitwood said. "All our hearts break for this family", Chitwood tweeted on Saturday. Chitwood said Ramos used his knowledge of crime scene analysis to disguise the scene where he had buried his mother's body.
- 3 dead, including shooter, at Florida yoga studio
- Election Day Deals: Show Your ‘I Voted’ Sticker For A Freebie
- Wisconsin 2018 midterm election exit polls | Journal Sentinel
- Controversy Surrounds Georgia’s Race For Governor
- The queen asks Meghan's mom to spend Christmas with the royals
- Looking through the 2018 Gold Glove winners
- Gunmen grab 79 pupils and three staff from school in Cameroon
- Deal brings National Football League outfits to Fortnite shop
- Oprah denounces racist robocalls mimicking her Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams
- Chargers release Caleb Sturgis, sign Michael Badgley