Mauricio Pochettino is unconcerned by fans voicing their displeasure at his withdrawal of Lucas Moura in Tuesday's 2-1 Champions League win over PSV, adamant it is the first time they have disagreed with him in nearly five years.
Dele Alli was back in the Tottenham line-up after missing their weekend win at Wolves through injury and the England midfielder nearly made an immediate impact.
But the north London club are now just three points behind second-placed Inter and have their fate back in their own hands.
Kane was to the fore once again in the dying embers of the contest, his headed attempted clipping Sainsbury on its way into the net to leave PSV on the brink of elimination. Who else but Harry Kane! .
Lloris is banned for Tuesday's must-win Champions League visit of PSV while Mousa Dembele is an injury doubt after coming off at Molineux with an ankle problem.
Spurs have just one point from the team's opening three matches in Group B, and their last outing against PSV ended in a 2-2 draw, putting them no closer to group-leading Barcelona and second-place Inter Milan. "Maybe if they win it can help us, but we are the most important thing".
"A bit bittersweet. My first game in the Champions League, a double deflection and it goes in off me for the victor", Sainsbury told Optus Sport's Mark Schwarzer.
Milan Pavkov struck twice in the shock 2-0 win for the hosts - the first a precise header and his second a thunderbolt from 25 yards. Then in one game anything can happen. Paulo Gazzaniga is set to deputize in goal.
Before the match, the Wembley pitch - which has hosted three National Football League games in the past month - passed a UEFA pitch inspection, but Van Bommel still called it "outright disturbing" pre-game.
FC Porto are in control of Group D after beating Lokomotiv Moscow 4-1.
But England captain Kane came to the rescue with a predatory equaliser before heading the crucial last-gasp victor with the aid of a deflection off PSV's Trent Sainsbury. Also, keep an eye out for Mexican winger Hirving Lozano who impressed against Spurs last time out.
Spurs eventually got their reward with 12 minutes of normal time remaining when Kane fired home his third goal of the Champions League campaign after latching on to Fernando Llorente's knock down.
- Beyoncé endorses Beto O’Rourke hours before polls close
- Oprah denounces racist robocalls mimicking her Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams
- Omar, Tlaib Become First Muslim Women in US Congress
- Election Day Deals: Show Your ‘I Voted’ Sticker For A Freebie
- Controversy Surrounds Georgia’s Race For Governor
- Lamont: US sanctions aimed at regime change in Iran
- People's 'Sexiest Man Alive' for 2018 is Idris Elba
- New Gallup Poll Finds High Anxiety Among Democrats on Election Day
- EL Chapo trial jury selection begins in Brooklyn
- 3 dead, including shooter, at Florida yoga studio