"Now in our 61st year of the Rawlings Gold Glove Award, this year's honorees are well deserved and truly define defensive excellence", said Mike Thompson, chief marketing officer for Rawlings Sporting Goods.
For the first time since the 2015 season, Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina is a Rawlings Gold Glove victor!
Angels shortstop Andrelton Simmons and Royals left fielder Alex Gordon also won in the AL.
Dickerson was the only Pirate to be nominated at this year's Gold Glove Awards.
Chicago Cubs first baseman Anthony Rizzo tosses the ball to first for the out on a grounder by Cincinnati Reds' Jesse Winker during the second inning of a baseball game Friday, June 22, 2018, in Cincinnati.
It marked the first time since 2013 the Red Sox have claimed multiple Gold Glove winners, with Dustin Pedroia and Shane Victorino having won it during that championship season. Jason Heyward and Javier Baez were also finalists at their respective positions. But if the Gold Glove was his final achievement as an Astro, then it is not a bad way to go out.
He produced an.877 OPS during the first half of the season but just a.701 in the second half. It was a similar situation at catcher in the AL, with Salvador Perez winning for Kansas City for the fifth time after he was unseated by Martin Maldonado a year ago.
- How Trump plans to spend Election Day
- New Gallup Poll Finds High Anxiety Among Democrats on Election Day
- Deal brings National Football League outfits to Fortnite shop
- Birthright Debate May Educate Trump on Limits of Power
- The UK has reportedly secured 'secret' Brexit concessions
- Lamont: US sanctions aimed at regime change in Iran
- Controversy Surrounds Georgia’s Race For Governor
- Google working on fix for Pixel 3 memory management problems
- Oprah denounces racist robocalls mimicking her Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams
- Beyoncé endorses Beto O’Rourke hours before polls close