Ms Winfrey called Ms Abrams a "changemaker" who represented the values of all Georgians, where Atlanta is the capital city.
Though sometimes mentioned as a 2020 presidential candidate, Winfrey has demurred on her intentions. Nancy Pelosi coming out saying you guys already have it in the bag.
The vice president then joked, "I'm kind of a big deal, too".
And someone out front was wearing a giant chicken suit holding a sign that reads "too chicken to debate", alluding to Kemp withdrawing from a debate scheduled Sunday in favor of appearing in Macon with President Donald Trump. In a Thursday speech delivered before a town hall, Winfrey praised gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams and advised people to honor their ancestors by exercising their right to vote.
However, McCain argued tapping "east coast elites" like Winfrey to campaign on Abrams' behalf has the potential to backfire.
"I stand against any person or organization that peddles this type of unbridled hate and unapologetic bigotry", Kemp said in a statement reported by CNN about the racist robocalls. I'm not trying to test any waters - don't want to go in those waters. If elected, Abrams would be the first black woman elected governor in the country.
The 64-year-old media titan shared a video on her Instagram page holding a clipboard and knocking on the door of a voter named Denise. As she battles Republican Brian Kemp and fights against Kemp's alleged efforts to to suppress voting, she has gotten tremendous support from America's queen herself: Oprah Winfrey. "I'm here today because of Stacey Abrams", Winfrey said.
"We now talk to more than 700 voters on an average day, and call volume has picked up considerably", Democratic Party of Georgia spokesman Seth Bringman said of their voter protection hotline.
The admission comes after Trump condemned Oprah for her involvement in a 60 Minutes segment in which she interviewed both Trump voters and non-Trump voters.
Oprah added, "I am an independent woman".
- Election Day Deals: Show Your ‘I Voted’ Sticker For A Freebie
- Amazon may split new headquarters between two cities
- Most stupid thing: Alibaba's Jack Ma on US-China trade war
- How Demi Lovato Is Staying Committed to Her Health Outside of Rehab
- Red Star Vs. Liverpool Live Stream
- Term elections 2018: Trump makes final bid for votes
- LeBron James warns Lakers to ignore 'outside noise' after latest defeat
- Mo'Nique responds to Rebel Wilson's 'plus-sized' romantic comedy claims
- Bears-Vikings game moved to primetime
- Samsung Foldable Phone: Yeah, It's Probably Happening