Representative Beto O'Rourke, a Democrat, is running for the seat held by his Republican opponent, Senator Ted Cruz.
'Let's be civil here, OK, because this man - nobody should be yelling at this man in a public place, ' Triumph said. But Cruz's friendliness didn't dissuade the comic from continuing to mock him. The state has historically had some of the lowest voter participation in the nation, and his campaign focused on getting a large swath of those non-voters - namely young people of color - to vote.
However, the polls gave Cruz a consistent lead in the race. Trafalgar is a Republican polling outlet.
Pamela Aguirre, a 77-year-old Texas resident who voted in El Paso on Tuesday, got to experience this thrill first-hand, according to MSNBC. In total, Cruz and O'Rourke raised more than $100 million. Shortly before they were about to start, officers on the scene said they were postponed. He was profiled in publications as varied as The New York Times, Vanity Fair, Rolling Stone and GQ (twice) and speculation that O'Rourke could use a win or close loss as a springboard to a spot on the Democrats' 2020 ticket began to percolate.
Cruz has highlighted his record and run a steady campaign characterizing O'Rourke as out of touch with Texas' conservative values. Other eyewitnesses claimed that O'Rourke tried to drive away from the scene and two breathalyzer tests showed that he had a blood-alcohol level of 0.136 and 0.134. In turn, Cruz garnered praise from President Trump, who referred to his former political rival as "Beautiful Ted" in the days ahead of the vote. Preaching optimism and bipartisanship, he also refused to soften a liberal agenda that included calling for impeaching President Donald Trump, decriminalizing marijuana, implementing universal health care and gun control and relaxing federal immigration policies.
Throughout the race, major polls showed Cruz leading O'Rourke by a few percentage points.
- More Ballots Returned This Election Than Previous Midterm Election In Colorado
- Samsung Foldable Phone: Yeah, It's Probably Happening
- Most stupid thing: Alibaba's Jack Ma on US-China trade war
- Birthright Debate May Educate Trump on Limits of Power
- Lamont: US sanctions aimed at regime change in Iran
- The Cliffsofmoher euthanased on track after Melbourne Cup
- Early unlock news] OnePlus shares details on 6T T-Mobile-version restrictions
- People's 'Sexiest Man Alive' for 2018 is Idris Elba
- Bears-Vikings game moved to primetime
- LeBron James warns Lakers to ignore 'outside noise' after latest defeat