Politics will keep Liverpool forward Xherdan Shaqiri from making the trip to face Red Star Belgrade in the Champions League, almost five months after the Switzerland forward made a nationalist hand gesture while celebrating his winning goal against Serbia at the World Cup in June.
Kosovan-born Shaqiri caused outrage in Serbia with a pro-Kosovo "double eagle" gesture that represents the Albanian flag during Switzerland's World Cup win over Serbia in Russian Federation.
"They'll be hoping to use that to their advantage, but we know if we play at 100 per cent again then we believe we've got the qualities to get the three points that we need and hopefully quieten the crowd".
"For the club, Belgrade, Serbia and the whole region tomorrow is an important occasion, and we are looking forward to a spectacle".
Liverpool midfielder James Milner told United Kingdom broadcaster BT Sport that Liverpool had problems "all over the field" in the first half and never properly recovered.
"We need to cool the situation down".
Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool have decided against Shaqiri traveling with the squad due to the reception he may get in Serbia's capital city due to his Kosvan-Albanian heritage.
Salah missed two good chances within a minute for Liverpool midway through the second half, forcing a good save from Red Star keeper Milan Borjan before he shaved the outside of the post with a shot from the edge of the penalty box.
Jurgen Klopp's side have made a solid start to the new season under the German manager and they are now third in the Premier League table and two points off top spot after 11 games.
But Red Star's 53,000 capacity Marakana stadium will be a hostile environment for the away side to conquer.
Speaking in his pre-match press conference, the German tactician said, "We will take pretty much everyone".
They previously met on October 24, when Liverpool won 4-0 at Anfield.
- Amazon may split new headquarters between two cities
- Barcelona will not risk Messi against Inter, assures Valverde
- How Trump plans to spend Election Day
- Bears-Vikings game moved to primetime
- Birthright Debate May Educate Trump on Limits of Power
- The queen asks Meghan's mom to spend Christmas with the royals
- The Cliffsofmoher euthanased on track after Melbourne Cup
- Most stupid thing: Alibaba's Jack Ma on US-China trade war
- This Remarkable Record Of Liverpool Icon James Milner Will Take Some Beating
- Mo'Nique responds to Rebel Wilson's 'plus-sized' romantic comedy claims