"Really?" the British actor told People when he found out he was their pick.
Elba, who was among the favourites to take over from Daniel Craig as James Bond before ruling himself out earlier this year, said he endured an awkward stage while growing up. Now, he's finally got the recognition he deserves.
Jimmy Fallon had the honor of announcing the victor of People magazine's annual "Sexiest Man Alive" on "The Tonight Show" Monday night, and we're pretty sure no one is going to disagree with this selection. "Grew a moustache, had some muscles, bonkers".
The 46-year-old first rose to fame playing Russell "Stringer" Bell in HBO's The Wire.
He said: "Who'd have thought it!" "Your vote can make a difference!" he said.
Elba appears on the cover of a special double issue of People that arrives on newsstands on Friday. Following the rather unexpected choice of Blake Shelton as the 2017 victor, fans of the "Avengers: Infinity War" actor have been sharing their thoughts.
Elba has a 16-year-old daughter, Isan, and a 4-year-old son, Winston, from previous relationships as he cites being able to witness their births as 'the biggest and best thing ever'. "They like the idea of a guy who would be a good husband and father". 'I think everyone should adopt the philosophy that tomorrow is not promised so just go for it today, man.
- Apple's $1 trillion value at risk after earnings stumble
- Apple Cancels Plans to Boost iPhone XR Production
- How Trump plans to spend Election Day
- Term elections 2018: Trump makes final bid for votes
- Barcelona will not risk Messi against Inter, assures Valverde
- Amazon more likely to convey second headquarters to Crystal Metropolis, Virginia
- Bonfire Night 2018: fireworks displays and events in Clitheroe and surrounding areas
- Samsung Foldable Phone: Yeah, It's Probably Happening
- Early unlock news] OnePlus shares details on 6T T-Mobile-version restrictions
- LeBron James warns Lakers to ignore 'outside noise' after latest defeat