LeBron James was frank with the assessment of his Los Angeles Lakers team after taking a 121-107 beatdown at the hands of the East-leading Toronto Raptors on Sunday night. With Kawhi Leonard sitting out, and this being a back-to-back, this might've been a game where he'd have gotten some good playing time. Only time will tell if those changes will help the Lakers win more games in the rugged Western Conference. "The best thing is he's doing it with some real good composure". So far this season, he's looked every bit the player he was previously, averaging 26.1 points, 7.6 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 2.0 steals in seven games for the Raptors while shooting 50.4 percent from the field and 44.8 percent from 3-point range. "We got a W, and I'm happier now than scoring a lot of points [in a loss]".
The Raptors star tweaked his ankle Friday night in a victory against the Suns.
Leonard sat out with soreness in his left foot, depriving Lakers fans of their only look at the superstar before he could become an unrestricted free agent next summer. Nurse doesn't know whether Leonard will play Monday at Utah.
Toronto's caution is understandable, given Leonard missed all but nine games with the San Antonio Spurs last season due to tendinopathy in his right quad.
The Lakers' first quarter was shockingly bad.
Ibaka set the tone for Toronto's romp with a blistering first quarter, scoring 20 of Toronto's 42 points in the opening 12 minutes, outscoring the Lakers on his own in the process.
- Trump Announces Foreign Policy Move With Game of Thrones Meme
- Mourinho baffled by Man United's slow starts
- Mac Miller died of accidental overdose due to combination of drugs, alcohol
- Twitter Erupts After Pete Davidson Jokes About Veteran's War Wound
- 'The Walking Dead' looks back as it marches toward Rick's exit
- Rihanna, Axl Rose Slam President Trump for Using Their Music at Rallies
- This Remarkable Record Of Liverpool Icon James Milner Will Take Some Beating
- Early unlock news] OnePlus shares details on 6T T-Mobile-version restrictions
- Wolves vs Tottenham, Premier League
- Bonfire Night 2018: fireworks displays and events in Clitheroe and surrounding areas