Any announcement would come after midterm elections, the report said, adding that Amazon may be having similar discussions with other cities. Even before the Post's report was published on Saturday, speculative investors have been snapping up shares in the publicly traded REIT.
"There's a lot of activity", one individual close to the process told the Post.
Amazon is apparently seriously considering an area known as Crystal City. You're not doing Crystal City, VA any favors.
Amazon announced previous year that the retail giant was looking to open a second headquarters somewhere in the North America, bringing with it as many as 50,000 new jobs. But Ash said there have been ongoing discussions with Amazon about other opportunities. Company founder and Chief Executive Officer Jeff Bezos already had several connections to the Washington area. Amazon declined to comment on his remarks.
After launching a reality show-like sweepstakes for a second home in late 2017, Amazon has effectively shut down disclosures about the search in the past nine months.
The online retail giant has reportedly held "advanced discussions" about placing its sought-after HQ2 in the northern Virginia town located in Arlington County, according to The Washington Post. The company has said it would invest $5 billion in the new headquarters.
In its 190-page bid submitted to Amazon in October Toronto offered up 10 locations across the region that it said would be suitable for the company's second headquarters, including a site in the Port Lands.
Speculation surrounding Amazon's HQ2 choice has been building, as the decision will bring with it an economic boom, including 50,000 jobs.
- Twitter Erupts After Pete Davidson Jokes About Veteran's War Wound
- This Remarkable Record Of Liverpool Icon James Milner Will Take Some Beating
- Bonfire Night 2018: fireworks displays and events in Clitheroe and surrounding areas
- 'The Walking Dead' looks back as it marches toward Rick's exit
- U.S. mid-terms: Rhetoric stepped up as campaign enters final day
- Wolves vs Tottenham, Premier League
- Lowe's is closing 51 stores in the US and Canada
- Japan Airlines pilot held for being drunk
- Mourinho baffled by Man United's slow starts
- Contentious Farrell tackle helps England grind out win over Boks