Following the announcement that his administration would reinstate all U.S. sanctions on Iran lifted under the 2015 nuclear deal, Trump shared an image of himself on Twitter featuring a text overlay saying: "sanctions are coming".
HBO has issued a statement accusing President Donald Trump of trademark misappropriation over a Game of Thrones-esque tweet he posted on Friday. The Trumpadministration also announced Friday that it was exempting eight countries from the November 5 deadline for nations to cease importing Iranian goods or face financial penalties.
Schaffer, the HBO spokesman, said that apart from Trump using the phrase, the company prefers that others don't use it to "promote their own agendas". Trump's announcement also imitates the font HBO used to promote the series.
The initial arrival of Daenerys and her army will also cause some conflict between Jon Snow and his sister Sansa Stark, who isn't immediately pleased with her brother that he bent the knee to the dragon queen.
Later, the press service of the channel in Twiter, published an appeal with the question of how the dothraki language would have translated the term "Illegal use of a trademark".
Two of the show's cast also made their distain known.
As for HBO, it isn't amused by Trump's fantasy poster. In the world of Game of Thrones, said winter includes invading hordes of murderous, demonic white walkers. Back in 2015, Senator Marco Rubio, Republican of Florida, tweeted "Big News Is Coming" to announce his impending electoral campaign for the president's seat. President Trump's case is; however, quite different.
Game of Thrones will return for an eighth and final season in 2019.
So maybe, just maybe, "Game of Thrones" might get a worthy successor, after all.
The Hollywood Reporter said the British actor will play a key role in the series but not the male lead.
- Wolves vs Tottenham, Premier League
- Rihanna, Axl Rose Slam President Trump for Using Their Music at Rallies
- Japan Airlines pilot held for being drunk
- There is no cure for HIV/AIDS infection
- Contentious Farrell tackle helps England grind out win over Boks
- Construction banned till November 10 — CAPITAL GASPS
- European giants could launch Super League in 2021 according to Football Leaks
- Emma Bunton spills news of Spice Girls official reunion early!
- This Remarkable Record Of Liverpool Icon James Milner Will Take Some Beating
- Girl scouts killed by truck while litter picking on roadside