Rick's return: "The story of Rick will go on in films, ' Gimple says". Are you eager to continue on with Rick's story, or would you rather have seen them kill the character off on the show and be done with it?
As reported by Deadline, the Rick Grimes movies are among the first films in development from Gimple as part of a multi-year plan for THE WALKING DEAD UNIVERSE, which also includes other projects now in the works: additional films, specials, series, digital content and more. Indeed, a mortally wounded Rick was taunted by hallucinations of the Ghosts of The Walking Dead Past like Jon Bernthal, only to be rescued at the last possible moment by a helicopter that flew him off to... well we don't know where.
There are spoilers below for Monday night's episode of The Walking Dead in the UK.
"We have a lot on the horizon - starting with a new epic featuring one of the greatest leading actors in television history and one of the best people I've ever met", said Gimple.
I wanted to finish telling his story in the way that we began it: "with a filmic sensibility on a bigger scale and a more contained story - with an end point", he added.
This Sunday's episode of The Walking Dead on AMC ("What Comes After") is far from the season finale, but it's the end of an era nonetheless: It'll be the last episode for Andrew Lincoln, who's played series lynchpin Rick Grimes since the show launched in 2010. "I want to know why we keep seeing helicopters flying around".
The 45-year-old actor will continue playing the beloved character for three feature-length movies that will air on AMC.
Unable to contain his excitement, Robert Kirkman hinted at something speical with tonight's episode of TALKING DEAD via his Twitter earlier today. Sure, it makes you a coward, but we won't tell anybody.
Which does indeed mean more from Andrew Lincoln, who will be able to fit in more time with family around quick trips Stateside to film the movies instead of the involved schedule of the show.
According to a press release from the studio, the first film in the planned expansion series will "explore the story of where Rick is taken and what he faces in a new corner of the zombie apocalypse". I want to know the meta of it all.
- Trump vs. Obama in the final weekend of the midterms
- U.S. mid-terms: Rhetoric stepped up as campaign enters final day
- Wolves vs Tottenham, Premier League
- New England Patriots Gameday: A Sunday night showdown for the ages
- Netanyahu Praises Trump's 'Historic' Iran Sanctions
- Man-eater tigress T1-Avni shot dead at Pandharkawada, villagers celebrate
- Red Dead Online Buying Properties and Vehicles Datamined
- Up, Up & Away in a Beautiful Balloon in Fortnite's Latest Update
- New U.S. Sanctions Against Iran Go Into Effect
- Elon Musk Doesn't Think Apple Is Making Happy Products Anymore