In a release, the company said the locations are underperforming.
The majority of the US stores to close are within 10 miles of other Lowe's stores, the company said, so affected employees will have the opportunity to transfer to similar roles in nearby locations.
Lowe's opened its Northern Avenue location in 2015 after renovations were completed on the former Zellers spot.
The list of other US stores closing include locations in Alabama, California, Connecticut, Indiana, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Pennsylvania and Texas.
Based in Boucherville, Que., Lowe's Canadian business has more than 630 corporate and independent affiliate dealer stores.
The closures are a part of the company's ongoing reassessment of their stores. Twenty U.S. stores are also be closing.
Close 31 Canadian stores and other locations.
The company says it will give associates opportunities to transition to other stores.
The company will wind down operations at 20 US locations and 31 Canadian stores by the end of its 2018 fiscal year, which ends February 1, 2019.
Reuters notes that Lowe's, which operates more than 2,000 stores in North America, has been lagging behind Home Depot in sales for several years.
- Paris Masters: Karen Khachanov defeats Novak Djokovic in final
- May's 'secret' Brexit deal avoids Irish backstop
- 'The Walking Dead' looks back as it marches toward Rick's exit
- Gronk (back/ankle) expected to play vs. Bills
- European giants could launch Super League in 2021 according to Football Leaks
- Kershaw stays with Dodgers for $93M, 3-year deal
- United Nations to investigate Saudi Arabia's human rights record
- U.S. mid-terms: Rhetoric stepped up as campaign enters final day
- Twitter Erupts After Pete Davidson Jokes About Veteran's War Wound
- Everton vs. Brighton & Hove Albion - Football Match Report