Amazon has just announced that they are offering free shipping to all Amazon customers in the US with no minimum purchase starting Monday, November 5! Target dropped its minimum purchase amount last week, offering free two-day shipping on hundreds of thousands of items until December 22.
Consumers have long heralded Amazon for its free two-day shipping for Prime accounts on eligible items, prompting other big-box retailers such as Target and Walmart to offer free expedited shipping during the holiday season as well.
"We focus on making shopping as easy and enjoyable for the customer as possible so we hope customers will enjoy the new AR View feature in the app, which uses augmented reality technology to allow shoppers to see selected products in their own home before they decide to buy, just in time for this year's biggest ever Black Friday sale and ideal for kitting out the home before Christmas guests start arriving". Before, the purchase threshold was $25.
Even though over half of all U.S. households now have Prime memberships, Amazon would undoubtedly like to convert even more consumers to paid subscribers. That means you'll start to see Black Friday deals on Amazon a whole week before the big day itself, which falls on November 23 this year.
Amazon isn't the only merchant slashing shipping fees.
About $720 billion in sales are up for grabs for the Black Friday shopping weekend, according to the National Retail Federation.
It marks the first time in recent memory Amazon has removed the minimum order requirement promotionally for its free super-saver shipping tier, which has gone up and down over the years, from a high of $49 to its current low of $25. During the fourth quarter of 2017, the company spent a record $7.3 billion getting packages to customers. The company usually sets the final date toward the end of the season.
- Kershaw stays with Dodgers for $93M, 3-year deal
- Construction banned till November 10 — CAPITAL GASPS
- United Nations to investigate Saudi Arabia's human rights record
- Man City thrash Southampton to go top again
- Emma Bunton spills news of Spice Girls official reunion early!
- Gronk (back/ankle) expected to play vs. Bills
- 'The Walking Dead' looks back as it marches toward Rick's exit
- There is no cure for HIV/AIDS infection
- Elon Musk Doesn't Think Apple Is Making Happy Products Anymore
- Rooney to make England swansong vs. USA