During his time at the Italian club, he has also become the fifth player in history to smash the 400-goal mark in club career.
Massimiliano Allegri's side have now won 10 and drawn one of their 11 league games so far as they seek an eighth successive Serie A title.
While it was at times an unconvincing display, it acted as a solid warm-up for Wednesday's Champions League Group H clash with United - a match where anything but defeat will seal the Italian giants' progress to the last-16.
"We must do better defensively in our own half". Even after the first goal we didn't add a second and drifted out of the game.
"We need to keep clear heads at all times, otherwise we can concede from the opposition's first cross and then nearly concede another from Cagliari's only chance in the second half".
Therefore we must always show respect and concentration.
'We came back from Manchester by plane and we were very exhausted. We can't afford to drop any points. "We are among the top four candidates, but we need to keep calm". You have to focus more in Serie A, because in the Champions League focusing happens automatically as there are not as many matches and they are all tough.
Defender Giorgio Chiellini and winger Federico Bernardeschi have both been ruled out but Sami Khedira and Mandzukic are back in the group.
"We went close to doing the business".
Neymar was rumoured to have left Barcelona in controversial circumstances in 2017 in order to escape Messi's shadow, before growing speculation has emerged in the last few weeks that he is ready to return to Camp Nou and link up with the Argentine icon once more.
- Novak Djokovic marks return to world number one with Paris win
- Diablo Immortal, A New RPG, Announced For Mobile At BlizzCon 2018
- Gruden doubles down on players 'dying' to join Raiders
- USA charges Chinese companies in trade secrets theft
- New Overwatch Cinematic Reveals Two New Heroes
- Baffert's Game Winner wins Breeders' Cup Juvenile
- Magic Johnson reprimands Walton after Lakers' 3-5 start
- Brazil's far-right president-elect eyes close US ties
- Trump Slams Kavanaugh Accuser Who Admitted to Lying
- Arsenal players can't coast now Arsène Wenger has left, says Jürgen Klopp