League sources told ESPN that Johnson "admonished" Walton for the team's slow start to the season when they met on Tuesday. McMenamin and Wojnarowski noted that Johnson's tone was aggressive during the meeting as well.
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. - Los Angeles Lakers coach Luke Walton says he believes he has a "great relationship with management" and does not feel like he is "going anywhere".
According to ESPN Stats & Info, the Lakers had utilized 93 different player combinations through their first seven games, second only to the Hawks' 122.
Remember, it was Ball who called out Walton last season and said he had lost the Lakers' locker room, and although Walton brushed off the comments with some humor, Ball's comments echoed through the media for weeks.
Asked by reporters Saturday about the meeting, LeBron James said his focus and the team's remain exclusively on winning basketball games.
"We're still in the real early stages", he said. "But eventually we are going to get it, and we are going to be a really good team". Right now, our guys work extremely hard. Johnson put more pressure on Walton after the winless trip. I've been saying [and] we've been saying since the beginning: We're going to be patient.
With a three-time National Basketball Association champion, four-time MVP and 14-time All-Star like James on the team's roster and a host of young talent, Johnson expects significant improvements from the Lakers. We've had a couple of setbacks with some suspensions.
- USA charges Chinese companies in trade secrets theft
- Woman survives 6 days in mangled vehicle after crash
- "Support Turkey's Efforts": Jamal Khashoggi's Fiancee Urges Trump
- NASA Ends Kepler Space Telescope's Science Operations | Astronomy
- New Report: Global Internet Freedom Declining
- Shah Rukh Khan greets fans outside Mannat on his 53rd birthday
- Plane crash in Indonesia: rescuers have found the body of the aircraft
- Trump announced a trade agreement with China
- Migrants' hopes of buses to Mexico City dashed
- Trump Slams Kavanaugh Accuser Who Admitted to Lying