"If you want to win the title, you need to keep pace with City".
"I think it should've been a goal, that's how it is", he added.
And yet plenty of observers suggested Emery's style of pushing full-backs high and playing out from the back might see Arsenal fall into the trap Klopp's Liverpool set with expertise using their powerful front three of Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino.
The fixture has been nothing short of spectacular in recent times after producing as many as 27 goals during the last five encounters between the two sides at an average of more than five goals per game.
What is the difference this season? I was not a good football player but I was good at heading and today I would have scored three'.
"I think that has to be the first-choice pairing at Liverpool now and I think a lot of fans would agree as well".
"We play City twice", he said.
"It's a pity it didn't count, but we made a few more mistakes than the ref to be honest".
Unai Emery's side are fourth in the table, but will move to within one point of Liverpool with three points.
The one real hope for a title race worthy of the name this season is that Liverpool remains in touch with City despite being some way short of its best. With a chance created every 47.1 minutes (14 from 660 mins), the German is 21st overall in the top flight of players to have played more than 450 minutes.
"The progress takes time, a long time in football is very hard to demand". We deserved it because we could have lost, but we could also have won in the 90 minutes.
"But in this moment we are outside the top four so the point is now to get the points we need to try and be at the end of December in a better position than we are in now at this moment".
"It was a brilliant attack, it's what you do on the training ground, leave one player in between the centre-halves, slightly offside but the other takes the ball".
I felt like he wanted to win in the interview as well, because he came across so well. You can not [press] because someone is asking you - it doesn't work. Maybe he thought: "'I wait until they score.' Ask him". Let us know what you get in the comments.
That result was the flawless testament to how Emery's teams usually function as it is at Arsenal since 75 per cent of their goals this season have come in the second half of games.
- Ridley Scott Goes Back to Rome for ‘Gladiator’ Sequel
- NASA Ends Kepler Space Telescope's Science Operations | Astronomy
- Early Voting Totals in 19 States Have Already Surpassed 2014 Midterm Turnout
- Jamal Khashoggi body was dissolved in acid, says Turkish official
- Crude oil futures fall 0.31 per cent on weak global cues
- Brazil's far-right president-elect eyes close US ties
- New Overwatch Cinematic Reveals Two New Heroes
- "Support Turkey's Efforts": Jamal Khashoggi's Fiancee Urges Trump
- USA charges Chinese companies in trade secrets theft
- Woman survives 6 days in mangled vehicle after crash