"I'm not trying to test any waters", she joked.
Vice President Mike Pence is in Georgia today to stump for Kemp and President Donald Trump will be in the state this weekend. If elected, Abrams would become the first black woman governor in US history.
"I just heard you know", Pence said, "Brian Kemp's getting the support of all kinds of hard-working people all across Georgia and Stacey Abrams is being bankrolled by Hollywood liberals".
Among that "onslaught", Winfrey blasted Republican ads she'd seen in her hotel room casting Abrams as too radical for the state, calling it "noise...created to confound you with fear".
Winfrey - who sparked speculation about her own political future earlier this year - also said she wasn't considering a run for political office.
"I am an independent woman; I have earned the right to do exactly what I want to do when I want to do it".
A federal judge said Friday that Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp, the Republican candidate for governor, must allow new US citizens to vote Tuesday if they can show proof of citizenship at the polls. "I'm not here because I'm making some grandstand because I'm thinking of running myself".
Friday night, former president Barack Obama will speak at a rally at Morehouse College supporting Abrams.
As a black woman, Winfrey noted her kinship to two groups historically denied ballot access in the United States.
More than 1.5 million of the state's nearly 7 million registered voters have cast ballots already. She recalled generations of black Americans who faced "lynching. oppression. suppression", and declared that "their blood has seeped into my DNA" and forced her to the polls. Actor Michael B. Jordan has knocked on doors in Atlanta urging black voters to turn out, and Actor and comedian Will Ferrell has also canvassed for Abrams' campaign.
A number of celebrities and politicians have been traveling to Georgia in the final days of Georgia's hotly contested governor's election.
After Winfrey's speech, Abrams climbed the stage to join a discussion and was greeted by chants from the audience.
- Plane crash in Indonesia: rescuers have found the body of the aircraft
- "Support Turkey's Efforts": Jamal Khashoggi's Fiancee Urges Trump
- Maulana Sami-ul Haq Killed In Rawalpindi
- Smith 'hoping' for trade from Cavs
- Ridley Scott Goes Back to Rome for ‘Gladiator’ Sequel
- Japanese pilot is arrested for being drunk ahead of flight from Heathrow
- NASA Ends Kepler Space Telescope's Science Operations | Astronomy
- Brazil's far-right president-elect eyes close US ties
- Gruden doubles down on players 'dying' to join Raiders
- Woman survives 6 days in mangled vehicle after crash