The number of people voting early has surpassed the 2014 total in IL and many other states, with days to go before Tuesday's election.
Registered Democrats accounted about 53 percent of early votes a week before Election Day.
The big day isn't until next week for the midterm elections, but Oklahoma voters can get an early start.
"The youth vote is higher than 2014 so far, but so few young people have voted at this point it is not hard to double the numbers", said University of Florida political scientist Michael McDonald.
Meanwhile, battleground states like Texas - where progressive candidates like Beto O'Rourke have threatened to unseat Republican incumbents like Ted Cruz - have seen record-level early voter turnout ahead of Election Day. Outgoing Gov. Rick Scott also is challenging U.S. Sen.
State data shows 10 percent of Louisiana's almost 3 million voters cast ballots in the weeklong early voting period that ended Tuesday, in races for secretary of state, six U.S. House seats and other positions.
Early voting is underway.
All absentee ballots have to be postmarked by Monday, November 5 or returned in person at the Board of Elections Office before polls close at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, November 6.
- Trump Hints China Trade Moves for Argentina G20 After Xi Call
- Jamal Khashoggi body was dissolved in acid, says Turkish official
- NASA Ends Kepler Space Telescope's Science Operations | Astronomy
- Pete Davidson Jokes About Failed Engagement with Ariana Grande During 'SNL' Rehearsal
- Maulana Sami-ul Haq Killed In Rawalpindi
- Birthday boy Shah Rukh Khan unveils Zero trailer with Katrina and Anushka
- BlackRock's Merz Says German Identity Is Key in Post-Merkel Era
- Indian couple died while taking selfie in USA park
- Mystery of Saudi sisters found tied together in Hudson River
- Shawn Michaels Comments on Future Matches, Crown Jewel