While sharing the news on his Instagram, Will Smith could not contain his excitement, as he kept screaming on top of his lungs "Its Official".
Take a look at Will's announcement below.
After the breakout blockbuster success of the first two Michael Bay-directed Bad Boy movies in 1995 and 2003 respectively, talk of a third buddy cop action spectacle has been an nearly perennial thing.
If you have never seen or heard of the movie Bad Boys, then you might not fully understand our excitement. "I just talked to [producer] Jerry Bruckheimer", Lawrence answered when O'Brien asked him about the Bad Boys 3 rumors.
In April Will Smith posted a throwback picture of himself and Martin Lawrence as their characters hinting at a return of the franchise.
It seems the Bad Boys franchise has had trouble all-around with getting projects off the ground, as a spin-off pilot starring Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba was ordered by NBC, but ended up not getting picked up to series. The film has been on and off again for a number of years in part due to Will Smith's extremely busy schedule. In 2014, Lawrence went on Conan where he said the third installment was really happening. Bad Boys 2 is the best movie of all time.
Production is set to begin on the movie in early 2019, with the film having been handed a tentative release date of January 2020.
- Imran Khan calls for calm after protests over Asia Bibi blasphemy acquittal
- NASA's Planet-Hunting Kepler Telescope Has Officially Run Out Of Fuel
- United States sending up to 5,200 troops to border with Mexico
- USA cuts off exports to Chinese chipmaker
- Barbra Streisand's driving on Carpool Karaoke spooks James Corden
- US Indicts Chinese Intelligence Officers and Insiders for Aviation Theft
- Manchester City vs. Fulham - Football Match Report
- Did Jared Kushner Cover For Saudi Crown Prince In Journalist's Murder?
- KENSINGTON LOCKDOWN: Man 'armed with machete' stabs two people at Sony HQ
- Kate Middleton is shown poppy sculpture at Imperial War Museum