It had sweeping action, heartbreaking drama, iconic characters and eternally quotable dialogue (ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!) and, most importantly, it had a definite ending as [spoiler alert] Maximus gives his life to avenge his dead wife and son.
Most of these rumblings came from Scott himself, who expressed his desire to revisit this world with Crowe in the lead a few times in the past.
This news may slay you.
Variety reports Gladiator 2 will follow the story of Lucius, the son of Connie Nielsen's Lucilla and the nephew of Joaquin Phoenix's Commodus, the Roman emperor killed by Russell Crowe's Maximus. He is now working on another much-anticipated sequel - the Tom Cruise-starrer Top Gun: Maverick. Although Maximus died from the wounds he sustained during the battle, the warrior left a strong impression on young Lucius.
Gladiator was originally produced and distributed by DreamWorks Pictures in the United States and Universal Pictures internationally, but DreamWorks will no longer be involved for the sequel and Paramount Pictures will be producing and distributing the sequel with Universal having the option to co-finance the film. Either way, it's an interesting angle to take. "I know how to bring him back".
He is now directing his first TV series, "Raised by Wolves", a sci-fi tale of androids raising human children.
- Mystery of Saudi sisters found tied together in Hudson River
- Hulk Hogan Returns To WWE At Crown Jewel PPV In Saudi Arabia
- Samsung Galaxy S10 could lose one way to unlock your phone
- Did Jared Kushner Cover For Saudi Crown Prince In Journalist's Murder?
- Manchester City vs. Fulham - Football Match Report
- Video shows woman attacking bus driver after missing stop, causing deadly crash
- Smith 'hoping' for trade from Cavs
- Starbucks unveils holiday cups and new festive drinks
- Alec Baldwin Arrested for Allegedly Punching Man Over a Parking Space
- Islamic attack against Coptic Christians pilgrims kills at least 7 in Egypt