Unclear if the plan was to make Hulk a part of "Crown Jewel" all along - or if he was a last-minute Plan B after John Cena and Daniel Bryan refused to participate over the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
Crown Jewel will also feature a World Cup Tournament, which will feature four wrestlers from Raw and four from SmackDown Live.
But it is legend Hogan's comeback that will attract most attention. He was banned by the company after being caught making racist comments on tape.
The live streaming of WWE Crown Jewel event will be available on Sony Liv app and WWE app.
It's unclear if WWE's audience is ready and willing to accept Hogan back into the fold, but his presence at an already controversial event isn't likely to go over well on social media. The ensuing cover-up of his murder has been exposed in recent weeks, and the WWE even reportedly considered moving the event, but that would have been in breach of a contract with Saudi Arabia. "It's exciting to have this opportunity again after all these years where I was there and gone".
Hulk Hogan is returning to WWE - but the wrestling outfit's shares are still on the ropes.
Another intriguing addition to the show is Canadian sports broadcaster Renee Young, well known for her WWE work behind the mike.
Bryan had actually asked to lose his match against The Miz at WWE Super Show-Down, which could indicate that he knew the WWE Championship match would take place in Saudi Arabia and he had already made up his mind at that point that he would not be attending.
- United Kingdom major crimes unit opens probe into 'chief' Brexiteer
- UK, EU Reportedly Agree to Tentative Brexit Deal on Financial Services
- Ariana Grande Will Play the Fiserv Forum in April
- Manchester City vs. Fulham - Football Match Report
- Starbucks unveils holiday cups and new festive drinks
- Birthday boy Shah Rukh Khan unveils Zero trailer with Katrina and Anushka
- Japanese pilot is arrested for being drunk ahead of flight from Heathrow
- US Indicts Chinese Intelligence Officers and Insiders for Aviation Theft
- Rouhani: Iran does not fear new USA sanctions on energy, banking sectors
- Imran Khan calls for calm after protests over Asia Bibi blasphemy acquittal