The race has been marred by allegations of intentional voter suppression, targeted at the state's black residents (Kemp is in charge of elections and voter registration in Georgia), but polls still show that the candidates are neck and neck.
She went on to say that she believes in background checks, three-day waiting periods, and rules barring domestic abusers and stalkers from obtaining firearms.
She also got cheers when she said she believed weapons of mass destruction, like the AR-15, should not be in civilian hands.
While Abrams has touted her experience working with Republicans as minority leader in the Georgia legislature, her positions on health care, education spending, criminal justice and gun regulations make her an unapologetic liberal. My great-grandmother taught me how to shoot when I was growing up in Mississippi. "I don't hunt because I mostly eat chicken and that just seems mean", Abrams replied. "It's the most popular gun in America - around 61 percent of all US civilian rifle sales", McCain explained. In his letter, President Carter wrote, "Popular confidence is threatened not only by the undeniable racial discrimination of the past and the serious questions that the federal courts have raised about the security of Georgia's voting machines, but also because you are now overseeing the election in which you are a candidate".
Abrams said she is not "anti-gun", then listed numerous gun controls, including an all-out ban on commonly owned semiautomatic firearms. "I support the Second Amendment".
Meghan McCain didn't know who she was dealing with.
This is another reason to vote for Stacey Abrams on November 6.
- Jose Mourinho's charge for abusive language dropped by FA
- Nature pushed to the brink by 'runaway consumption'
- United Kingdom to impose digital services tax on tech giants from 2020
- US urges North Korea denuclearisation before "shared goal" of ending war
- Djokovic wins Paris opener as Federer confirms return
- Detractors will not succeed in weakening deep-rooted Pak-Iran ties: Javad Zarif
- Erdogan says Turkey set to begin operation in northern Syria
- Ecostore Joins Ellen Macarthur Foundation's commitment
- Twitter Could Remove ‘Like’ Button to Promote Healthy Debates
- Air Pollution: Majority of children breathe toxic air