Delivering perhaps his best game since he demanded a trade during the preseason, Butler scored 32 points and was a flawless 5-for-5 from behind the 3-point arc in the fourth quarter, including a 26-footer over Rajon Rondo's outstretched arms with 19.7 seconds left to effectively seal the Minnesota Timberwolves' 124-120 victory over the Lakers at the Target Center. "But right now we're taking a couple lumps".
He had displayed much improvement in his game last season averaging16.1 points on 47 percent shooting from the field and 39 percent from beyond the arc with 5.3 rebounds, and 3.9 assists per contest in 59 games played. "We know that. We talk about patience but you can't have reoccurrence of the same thing", James told reporters. "We can't keep having the same mistakes over and over".
They are also one of the NBA's worst defensive teams, giving up an average of 122.3 points per game. "They were playing fast, which made us play with a lot of energy".
"I think you have to have a mentality to understand the course of a season", Thibodeau said of the Wolves' snapping a two-game losing streak and bouncing back from a 125-95 loss to the Bucks at home. Rajon Rondo and Ingram each had four. He said the team were focusing on improving.
The Lakers are in desperate need of both scoring and defense and Ingram can provide both with his length in being able to shoot over defenders and his quickness being able to defend multiple positions on the floor. "As a team, collectively, we're not doing things, we're not on the same page. That's insanity. We have to continue to get better". The Mavericks, also 2-5, lost to the Spurs in a 113-108 overtime defeat on Monday and are now on a four-game losing run after a 2-1 start to the season.
Derrick Rose sprang off the bench with 11 points, seven rebounds and seven assists, while Anthony Tolliver went 2-for-2 from downtown and 10 points overall.
Before that, James was asked what his leadership looks like when his patience wanes.
"You probably don't want to be around when my patience runs out".
- NFC North watch: Packers were sellers at trade deadline
- MOH: 80 Palestinians injured during naval march in Gaza
- Quake felt throughout the country
- Twitter Could Remove ‘Like’ Button to Promote Healthy Debates
- Donald Trump Snaps At Paul Ryan: 'He Knows Nothing About' Birthright Citizenship
- India jumps 23 places to 77th in ease of doing business ranking
- 'That was incredible': Christchurch woman left stunned after hug from Meghan Markle
- Hamilton wins F1 title, Verstappen wins Mexican Grand Prix
- Why Chelsea's generosity to Frank Lampard may come back to haunt them
- #MeToo: Google fired 48 employees in last two years