Another goal for Take Back Day is to keep drugs, especially opioids, out of the hands of people who don't need them. The event will take place on Saturday from 10 a.m.to 2 p.m.at dozens of locations throughout the state. The agency notes that it can not accept liquids, needles or sharps, only pills or patches. Family and friends supply almost two-thirds of all misused or abused opioids."It leads into the illegal drug use, which we really don't want people to do", Brannum said.almost 80 percent of heroin users in Utah say they started with prescription drugs, the Health Department stated.
Hopefully, you had a chance to go through your medicine cabinets and get rid of any medications you don't need.
Local agencies are partnering with the Drug Enforcement Administration to provide a venue for citizens to dispose of unwanted, unused or expired prescription drugs. Hawaii accounted for 5,076 pounds. The partnership is part of the bi-annual National Prescription Drug Take Back Day, according to a MWRD press release.
And you can drop off your meds without worry since disposal of unused prescriptions and over-the-counter medication at these locations is no questions asked and free.
Muskingum County Sheriff, Matt Lutz, says Drug Take Back Day makes for a safer community. Personal information will be removed from the containers. During the April 2018 effort, MSP posts collected roughly 966 pounds of prescription drugs.
- Hugo out of Dutch as wasteful Spurs head for early exit
- Cleveland Browns sack head coach Hue Jackson after 3-36-1 record
- Authorities intercept yet another suspicious package addressed to CNN in Atlanta
- In spite of sunny morning Delhi air quality remains 'very poor'
- Student dies in shooting at North Carolina high school
- Mattis says in close contact with European allies on INF treaty
- Samsung Galaxy S10 will have a 5G and a budget variant
- President Trump marks Halloween at the White House
- Packers Players Furious With Ty Montgomery for Throwing Tantrum and Disobeying Coaches
- Manchester United vs. Everton - Football Match Report