Survey geophysicist Zachary Reeves said all three quakes occurred in the same general area over the course of about an hour, and at a shallow depth of approximately 10 kilometres. The quakes were about 6.8 miles deep.
That quake, measured 218 km west of the island, was followed 37 minutes later by a magnitude-6.8 tremor, which had a depth of 10 km.
Several 4.0 or greater earthquakes also struck around the same area.
A series of three large earthquakes have struck off the coast of British Columbia, according to the United States Geological Survey.
That one is being called the "foreshock" as a stronger 6.8-magnitude quake occurred 35 minutes later.
Earthquakes Canada has since downgraded the quake to 6.5-magnitude, with no initial reports of tsunami threats, damage or shaking being felt.
British Columbia, namely Vancouver Island, has been struck by powerful earthquakes in the past.
The National Tsunami Warning Center tweeted that a tsunami is "Not expected".
There has been an increase in seismic activity in the last 24 hours along the Ring of Fire - the Pacific plate which sees the most earthquakes and most active volcanoes. All of the earthquakes struck the same vicinity on the Explore Plate. There were reports of light shaking, but damage or a tsunami was not expected.
"Almost all the world's most explosive and unsafe volcanoes are located here, along with the some of the longest and most deadly quake faults".
- Trump Threatens to Cut Aid to Central American Nations Over Migrant Caravan
- PeeCee really excited for mom-to-be Meghan Markle
- Trump Administration Reportedly Trying To Take Transgender Protections ‘Out Of Existence’
- Sony Michel leaves Patriots' game vs. Bears with ugly-looking knee injury
- 30 injured after apartment floor collapses during Clemson party
- Deepika, Ranveer announce wedding date
- Saudi official provides yet another version of Khashoggi's death
- Germany may suspend arms deals to punish Saudi Arabia as Trump refuses
- Saudi Foreign Minister Blames Security Team for Its 'Cover-up'
- LA Dodgers Defeat Milwaukee Brewers To Reach World Series