But now that Luke Cage has also gotten the axe, I'm sure the investors will have more specific questions next time around.
The news comes just three weeks after Marvel Television's Jeph Loeb made comments to EW about the show's future.
Today was the launch of the third season of Daredevil and in a surprising move according to Deadline, Netflix has announced that Luke Cage will not be returning for a third season.
Out of nowhere (though looking at the series' general reception, it's not THAT much of a surprise), Netflix have canned Luke Cage.
For the second straight week, Netflix has cut down its Marvel roster in considerable fashion. Its cancellation is also a massive blow for representation, as Luke Cage was easily the most inclusive of all of Marvel's Netflix shows.
Per THR, the cancelation was due to "creative differences and the inability to agree to terms for a third season." Luke Cage's showrunner was OG Hip-Hop scribe Cheo Hodari Coker. Back in 2013, the streamer paid top dollar for the series, that they don't even own so cutting Luke Cage loose was a shifting bottom line call. They may not have a home at Netflix anymore, but let's not forget that Disney has their own streaming service coming in 2019, and both shows could easily end up continuing over there. Iron Fist seems to have been building a head of steam finally in its closing episodes of the previous season, so there's already a foundation to build off of for a much bigger story, as well as Luke's new status quo. Only the Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio toplined Man Without Fear series, Jessica Jones and The Punisher remain.
The series' second season soundtrack treated hip-hop fans to new music from rap icon Rakim. Drafts of half of the third season scripts were submitted last week.
- Burger King creates 'Nightmare King' for Halloween
- Wet and mild: Warm winter predicted for much of the US
- Brewers handle Dodgers to force Game 7
- Saudi attorney general says Khashoggi was killed during fight in consulate
- National Football League trade rumors: Browns sending Carlos Hyde to Jaguars
- Jerusalem Move is Right for Australia
- Criticism is hurting my Manchester United players, says Mourinho
- Researchers release audio of Antarctic ice 'singing' a haunting song
- Chelsea Respond To 'Eden Hazard To Real Madrid' Rumours
- Chelsea 1 Manchester United 1