The UK's Prince Harry and wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, landed in the town of Dubbo, an hour's flight northwest of Sydney, to a warm welcome, chatting with local schoolchildren as they arrived. While in Dubbo, the couple met with a local farming family to discuss the drought, and will take part in a community picnic.
Then, with Meghan smiling and holding the umbrella, Prince Harry delivered a powerful speech in which he personally identified with the mental challenges faced by farmers and their families.
"And we also genuinely couldn't think of a better place to announce the upcoming baby, whether it's a boy or a girl, so thank you very, very much".
"You are the backbone of this country".
"You are the salt of the earth". You have just lived through two years of drought.
Despite most of the area being in the middle of one of the worst droughts NSW has seen, rain is forecast for most of Wednesday.
"All you need to do is ask for it - your neighbour, your peer, your fellow farmer is literally right around the corner", he said, noting higher suicide rates in rural Australia.
War widow Daphne Dunne, 98, has come out to greet Harry numerous times, come rain or shine, and has created a special bond with the 34-year-old royal.
Harry and Meghan were visiting the farm to discuss the ongoing effects of drought in the region, and the struggles and hardships faced by farmers.
She added: "They're both great with kids".
"They seemed to understand exactly what we have been going through".
On Monday the pair will go to Queensland´s Fraser Island, the world´s largest sand island, before jetting off to Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand.
Former actress Meghan revealed the first hint of a baby bump as she started her overseas tour with Harry in Sydney on Tuesday, looking attractive in a fitted cream dress.
Prince Harry and Dunne met again a year ago, during a day of events to mark the official launch of the Invictus Games Sydney 2018.
- Superman Has a New Look in Arrowverse Crossover
- Hernandez Apologizes After Criticizing Quiet Dodgers Fans
- ‘Insecure' Woman Tries to Block Black Neighbor From Entering His Own Home
- Bosa to focus on National Football League draft instead of returning to Ohio State
- US budget deficit surges to $779 billion, hitting highest level since 2012
- Turner homers as Dodgers level NLCS with Brewers
- Netflix shares leap after subscriber surge
- Jose Mourinho charged following rant after Newcastle United victory
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 to beat Apple's iPhone XS in screen size
- Chris Evans Slams Piers Morgan for Criticizing Daniel Craig