An anti-terrorism court here last week ruled that Imran's death sentence will be carried out on October 17 at Lahore's Central Jail.
On January 4, Zainab was kidnapped from near her aunt's house, in Kasur and after searching for five days the police found her dead in a garbage heap.
In a swift justice, the authorities in Pakistan executed the man, who raped seven-year-old Zainab Fatima Ameen in Pakistan in January this year, on Wednesday morning.
After he was sentenced to death for raping and murdering Zainab, Imran Ali was convicted for similar crimes against six more girls.
Zainab's father Amin Ansari was also present in the premises of the jail.
Imran was arrested two weeks after he threw her body into a rubbish dump in the city of Kasur in Punjab province.
Being the 12th such incident to occur within a 10 kilometre radius in Kasur in one year, Zainab's rape and murder had sparked outrage and protests across the country. The accused refused to accept the charges after which the court indicted him in the case and started regular trial proceedings. Tight security arrangements were made around Kot Lakhpat Jail before the execution of Imran Ali. However, the court dismissed his appeal. She would have been 7 years and 2 months old if she was alive, said Ansari, who expressed regret that authorities did not televise the hanging. "Her mother is devastated from grief". He thanked Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar and said: "The murderer has met his fate today".
Zainab's family said the police did not take action during the five days from when she was reported missing until her body was found. Relatives, not police, recovered CCTV footage of her last movements.
- Raiders fall to Seattle in London; Carr injured
- Canada legalises recreational marijuana
- Alex Cora Speaks Prior To ALCS Game 3
- Meghan Markle is further along in her pregnancy than we thought…
- Sean Gallup/Getty Images Mysterious paralyzing illness found among children in 22 states
- Palestinian Rioters Use Explosive Device to Damage Israel Border Fence
- Kim honest about abandoning nuclear weapons: South Korean president
- Pompeo meets Erdogan after talks with Saudis on missing journalist
- O'Rourke evokes Trump's 'Lyin' Ted' in debate
- This Kid Could Not Get Enough of Prince Harry's Beard