"It was just silly because they were trying to make a point without ever asking me what I really think", Curtis shared.
"I fully support the Bill of Rights. For instance, I fully support an assault weapon ban, I fully support a bump stock ban", she continues.
She said that she insisted to the filmmakers that her character, Laurie Strode, would only use guns for self-defence and would keep them locked away.
Notably, Curtis herself reportedly consulted on the types of weapons her character would use in the film, to defend herself against Halloween's villain and Strode's own personal boogeyman, Michael Myers.
While she aims to promote safety, Ms. Curtis said she is an "actor for hire" at the end of the day.
We're still not entirely sure what the basis for the original article was, but it looks as though Curtis has been mindful of how Laurie and the weapons she uses will be shown in the new film. "And honestly, if I had made my career as a pacifist actor, I would never have worked, ever". "And they have to renew their license just like we do with automobiles - which are weapons also". "In light of several high-profile mass shootings, Curtis has voiced her support for gun reform legislation". In an interview with USA Today on Wednesday, Curtis called the report "a bunch of nonsense".
AWR Hawkins is an award-winning Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News, the host of the Breitbart podcast, and the writer/curator of, a weekly newsletter focused on all things Second Amendment, also for Breitbart News.
When you've starred in one of the most cherished and influential slasher films of all time, perhaps it feels a little redundant to then sit down and actually watch a horror movie. Curtis will use a gun in this film as her character tries to survive Michael Myers' latest murder spree, and for some reason, Fox apparently made a decision to use this as an opportunity to call her a hypocrite because of Curtis' real-life support for gun control.
"But I have always been proud to represent women who fight back and fight back with intelligence, cunning and creativity, and who fight for their lives and their families' lives", she added.
- Where's Our Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Review?
- One Weinstein sex assault claim dismissed by judge
- Taliban kills Afghan soldiers in attacks on army posts
- President Trump On Khashoggi Disappearance: "Severe Punishment" If Saudis Involved
- Review Of Global Economic Growth: Oil Prices Drop
- Prince Harry and Meghan land in Sydney to start Australia tour
- Singapore Airlines Re-Launches World's Longest Flight
- 'SNL' skewers freaky Trump, Kanye Oval Office meeting
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $548M for tonight’s drawing
- Saudi Arabia vows retaliation against punitive measures